this guy scares me

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, this guy has 287k subscribers on you tube. Say what you want, he is laughing when he cashes his you tube cheques. Crazy.

How does one even get payed for posting YouTube videos? It doesn't matter how many subscribers he has, the videos are all free aren't they?

How does one even get payed for posting YouTube videos? It doesn't matter how many subscribers he has, the videos are all free aren't they?
you tube has something called adsense for each commercial viewed by a person the users channel receives some much money in the mail. some goes towards you tube to pay for website fees etc... and the rest goes to the person who runs the channel. think of it as a advertisement partnership with the you tube and the user. basically the companies advertising there product is paying both parties to advertise there product.

you tube has something called adsense for each commercial viewed by a person the users channel receives some much money in the mail. some goes towards you tube to pay for website fees etc... and the rest goes to the person who runs the channel. think of it as a advertisement partnership with the you tube and the user. basically the companies advertising there product is paying both parties to advertise there product.

It's a 55/45 split with 55% going to the creator. Like Jake said, it's all about commercials viewed, but when you factor in how many times an ad is skipped, not played or a viewer uses adblock, it's not a whole lot. Most of the people who make a living off YouTube get their main source of income from external sponsors, personal websites, merchandise sales, etc. However, there's now YouTube Red, but it hasn't been around long enough to see the effects from the creators standpoint. My most popular video on my personal YouTube page has 75,000 views and has made a whopping $40 since uploaded. There's a whole lot more to it, but that's the basic idea.

funny thing is, and i know you guys aren't gonna like this. when it comes to the filing i agree. i don't agree that he is the best or that the 12v granberg is the way to go but there are very few who can actually file a chain right. angles all over the place. i know most here will say they can but 95% of people who say that actually can't. this is the internet. i'm not saying the guy is a pro at falling or has good techniques or anything. he looks like a hack BUT that makes him no different from any of you lol. so why all the **** talking? lol all i ever see from guys here are vids of cookie cutting or piss revving which takes no skill at all. most guys in the vids are in poor body positions like standing behind the saw rather then beside or holding saw out far away from body rather then close. body positioning is the most important thing. if you can't get that you won't be doing anything other then cutting cookies or firewood. guys aren't a professional until proven a hack, guys are a hack until proven professional. most will never get good enough to be considered an entry level professional. just because you are fascinated in saws and read alot here on AS does not mean you can walk the walk. a professional makes it look one heck of alot easier then it actually is. don't hate me cause you don't like the truth lol.

I'm not disagreeing here but how do you know this?

because 95% of people i know who tell me they can file a chain well actually can't worth a ****. sure AS members are likely better cause they are interested enough to practice but many are still not good enough to file a chain dead on. almost anyone can make one cut with a brief tutorial. there is alot of acceptable error in chain which is why this is possible but if were talking absolute dead on angles very few can pull that off. even the best of the best will be out a little bit.

funny thing is, and i know you guys aren't gonna like this. when it comes to the filing i agree. i don't agree that he is the best or that the 12v granberg is the way to go but there are very few who can actually file a chain right. angles all over the place. i know most here will say they can but 95% of people who say that actually can't. this is the internet. i'm not saying the guy is a pro at falling or has good techniques or anything. he looks like a hack BUT that makes him no different from any of you lol. so why all the **** talking? lol all i ever see from guys here are vids of cookie cutting or piss revving which takes no skill at all. most guys in the vids are in poor body positions like standing behind the saw rather then beside or holding saw out far away from body rather then close. body positioning is the most important thing. if you can't get that you won't be doing anything other then cutting cookies or firewood. guys aren't a professional until proven a hack, guys are a hack until proven professional. most will never get good enough to be considered an entry level professional. just because you are fascinated in saws and read alot here on AS does not mean you can walk the walk. a professional makes it look one heck of alot easier then it actually is. don't hate me cause you don't like the truth lol.
We have another chain race happening close to the end of the month. Why don't you get in on this one, since you have missed the last few, and show us all how it's done ?

We have another chain race happening close to the end of the month. Why don't you get in on this one, since you have missed the last few, and show us all how it's done ?

i'm not saying i will show anyone how it's done and i'm not saying everyone is in the group of being no good at it. what i'm saying is there is lots of truth in the fact that very few people can actually file accurately. IMO racing a dirtbike is realistic. racing a chain is just about as foolish of a thing i have ever heard. i'm not even interested a little but. my chains work, they don't race. racing are for the guys who don't have anything to actually cut. you guys gotta do something to keep your minds occupied. i prefer to make a chain cut good and go cut with it.
what would be interesting is for you to run your square filed chain and me run round filed filed by my 14 year old god child and still cut twice the wood lol i'm not talking about cookies.

I have come across a couple of his videos and I kind of get that impression in general. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.

He is either an idiot or this is a joke. He has no clue. He pisses me off because he is pretending to know what he is doing and acting like it's right! Total ********.

i'm not saying i will show anyone how it's done and i'm not saying everyone is in the group of being no good at it. what i'm saying is there is lots of truth in the fact that very few people can actually file accurately. IMO racing a dirtbike is realistic. racing a chain is just about as foolish of a thing i have ever heard. i'm not even interested a little but. my chains work, they don't race. racing are for the guys who don't have anything to actually cut. you guys gotta do something to keep your minds occupied. i prefer to make a chain cut good and go cut with it.
what would be interesting is for you to run your square filed chain and me run round filed filed by my 14 year old god child and still cut twice the wood lol i'm not talking about cookies.
You ain't getting off that easy..
I'm calling ********..

Just cause you can't use a damn square file...
LOL..

And yes.
A person can make a good chain with a Granberg. "Not my choice" but whatever float's his boat.
Cause it's the indian, not the arrow...
Choose a tool and learn how to use it..

I'm calling ********..

LOL..

i'm honest about my abilities. i tried square filing in the past and didn't pick it up again til recently. only reason i started doing it is to sharpen chains in camp without my grinder. i can make a chain cut good enough with a square file to not be hesitant on square filing for the woods but i do need alot more practice. i like how i have an all in one file too rather then carrying a round and flat. one things for certain. square filing on a stump is a whole new art compared to square filing in a vice. half the work is done for you in a vice lol. i'm trying to get used to doing both side cutters from behind the saw in the same position. it's proven extremely difficult cause i can't hardly see the cutter but i know if i can master it i'll be set.i can make one cut better then round anyways. i was working a home job recently and i do like to just grind after the day is done rather then touch chains up in the bush. most fallers round file. again, my chains work, not interested in a race at all.

I'm calling ********..

LOL..
I call double ********....... round is welcome and we are separating work chain from race chain too !!!

Latest posts

Back