Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday we hunted up the Forester. After visiting the Clay county sheriff office for a impound release form we traced it to a storage lot in Smithville. Had to pay the tow ($150) and six days of storage ($300) before we could even look at it.

Mike's juicer friend had obviously run it into a ditch. Some damage to the lower right front and three flat tires. Battery dead and windshield washer stalk broken on steering column.

No way to see under the front to see if suspension is OK.

Turned it over to insurance company to deal with. They will haul it up to Joetown for evaluation and possible repair.
We hope it is fixable within reason as the geezers are not interested in used car shopping.
What fun for a crummy day.[emoji30]

Yesterday we hunted up the Forester. After visiting the Clay county sheriff office for a impound release form we traced it to a storage lot in Smithville. Had to pay the tow ($150) and six days of storage ($300) before we could even look at it.

Mike's juicer friend had obviously run it into a ditch. Some damage to the lower right front and three flat tires. Battery dead and windshield washer stalk broken on steering column.

No way to see under the front to see if suspension is OK.

Turned it over to insurance company to deal with. They will haul it up to Joetown for evaluation and possible repair.
We hope it is fixable within reason as the geezers are not interested in used car shopping.
What fun for a crummy day.[emoji30]

Man, that sucks, Carl.

Funny little story....

I imported my wife from Virginia when we decided to move back to where I grew up in Missouri. She always gets a kick out of the towns in MO that are named after other places. Syracuse, Houston, St. Martin, etc., and she even teaches school in California, MO. Today I had a little chuckle as I was driving to Paris for a service call and had to pass through Mexico. She laughed when I got home and informed her that Paris was just twenty miles north of Mexico. Who'da thunk it??

Back