What do you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawgs or hold back?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
You have too many species to choose from! I either cut hardwood or softwood, frozen or not frozen.

Welcome to Kentucky! Lol.

It's a very rare occasion that I have a load of all the same species. And most of it is nasty, skidded, muddy and drug down a sandy beach full of gravel. Lol

Welcome to Kentucky! Lol.

It's a very rare occasion that I have a load of all the same species. And most of it is nasty, skidded, muddy and drug down a sandy beach full of gravel. Lol

That sucks. Wood I cut is clean, doesn`t ever touch the ground when there is a foot of snow or more. Best time for cable skidding, frozen ground and good snow cover.

Yup.. Even the same species grown in a different location/environment differ from each other. But thankfully...
That's true even for cottonwood. There is good cottonwood for fuel wood and lousy, punky cottonwood. The good cottonwood produces some of the best and hottest fires you can burn. Not only that, you can get good and bad on the same tree, let alone two different trees.

I use my spikes. Don't horse the saw through the cut but its nice to line up cuts when felling and to guide your cut when bucking. My dad has this weird thing where ALL of his saws have to have dual ORANGE spikes lol. You guessed it All our work saws are stihls ha

Pro fire wooders run the saw back -n- forth making it cut faster.
Old hand pros run the bar back & forth so they can feel when the log is starting to pinch so they don't look like a learner with a stuck saw buried to the hilt every time they have to cut a difficult laying log.
Fansk

...And totally agree on the chain matching the wood, but how does one setup a chain, for say 10 logs - 3 hickory, 2 ash, a maple, 2 red oaks, a walnut and a gum?
You obviously don't have enough saws! Each one set up for a type of wood!!

If you don't have enough saws are you even allowed to post here on AS?!?! This I find highly questionable...

:D

Latest posts

Back