CHARITY WOODCUTTING EVENT, CENTRAL MN. CANCELLED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy553

Oakaholic
Reaction score
One of the local Stihl dealers (and former logger)we have here is in his80's and is too frail now to cut his own wood, which he uses to heat house and shop.
He keeps his doors open because if he were to stop, he would die from boredom.

I was over there getting some chains made and his wife asked what I charge for firewood as hubby just can't do his own cutting anymore. An aside, his worthless (my opinion) son in law lives next door and won't help out cuz he might get hurt. I brought them a free load but that won't last long.

So, I am organizing a woodcutting event for the 12th of December. Anyone willing to help me help these senior citizens can contact me here, or by phone at 612-770-0604.

Right now I have about 15 who plan to show up. Bring whatever you have that you think would help: splitters, skidsteers, axes, people, anything! Lol

I don't need to tell this group how much fun it is to get together with like minded folk. But an added bonus is the fact that the cause is so worthwhile. And the time of year so appropriate.

I know being this close to Christmas complicates things, but the amount of wood they have on hand requires immediate action!

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated by all of us, even if it's only moral support!

Thanks for reading this windy post! And Merry Christmas to all!

Ted

I don't know if you saw my post in the MN/WI thread but I can probably spend a little time there Friday afternoon if you wanted to lay down some trees to get ahead of the splitting crew. Saturday is out for me until at least the afternoon as I'm coaching basketball.

I don't know if you saw my post in the MN/WI thread but I can probably spend a little time there Friday afternoon if you wanted to lay down some trees to get ahead of the splitting crew. Saturday is out for me until at least the afternoon as I'm coaching basketball.

Yes, I saw both replies, but wanted to get a look at what we're going to be cutting first.
Looks like a few of them will have to be climbed, as they are leaners and of course, leaning wrong. Lol
So I'm not sure it would help a lot to try for a head start.

Ted

Ted, I have that bad knee and every now and then that Lymes will hit me and I won't drive or touch any power equipment. That's why you don't see me on here much.

Anyway, I think you are talking about the old guy just off of Hwy 95 and CR#1 someplace. If it happens that I can cut or split this week again the wife and I will bring down a 1/2 cord on my trailer... PM me the address, I just picked up some older oak and white ash logs that I'll be splitting later for next year. The logs (red oak)were cut and stacked for 4 years so most of the moisture is gone.. I'll cut these 16 inches and split for an inside stove... And if all goes well, I'll be down Dec 12. John

Ted, I have that bad knee and every now and then that Lymes will hit me and I won't drive or touch any power equipment. That's why you don't see me on here much.

Anyway, I think you are talking about the old guy just off of Hwy 95 and CR#1 someplace. If it happens that I can cut or split this week again the wife and I will bring down a 1/2 cord on my trailer... PM me the address, I just picked up some older oak and white ash logs that I'll be splitting later for next year. The logs (red oak)were cut and stacked for 4 years so most of the moisture is gone.. I'll cut these 16 inches and split for an inside stove... And if all goes well, I'll be down Dec 12. John

I was just over that way, and part of my plan was to get the address. Guess what I forgot to do!

I think it is c.r 1 that goes out from Princeton to the south east.

The name of his shop is Kruse Small Engine and Stihl Chainsaws

Yes, I saw both replies, but wanted to get a look at what we're going to be cutting first.
Looks like a few of them will have to be climbed, as they are leaners and of course, leaning wrong. Lol
So I'm not sure it would help a lot to try for a head start.

Ted
I am a strong maybe for Saturday afternoon if you still would need help from 1:30 on in the afternoon.

Yep! Cr #1 South of Hwy 95, I thought it was him... I was over that way a several years ago when I was looking for a new/used chainsaw. The old fart chewed me out for using 87 gas in my saw. He poured out my gas, added his and a little sea foam, started my saw and sent me home with pie on my face.. The next time I was there to buy some chains he forgot who I was... With or without you guys, I'll do something to help him out... I kind'a owe the guy... He always treated me good...

Heck, I might even try to be there and finally meet a few of you...

I was just over that way, and part of my plan was to get the address. Guess what I forgot to do!

I think it is c.r 1 that goes out from Princeton to the south east.

The name of his shop is Kruse Small Engine and Stihl Chainsaws

Just a reminder, this is an operating Stihl dealership. They sell chains, cheap. Just put a 72DL 3/8ths, 058 full chisel chain on my saw for
$25.00

Plus you Hafta see this: he was going to close the shop because he couldn't start the big saws anymore. A customer built him a pnuematic chain saw starter!

Yep! Cr #1 South of Hwy 95, I thought it was him... I was over that way a several years ago when I was looking for a new/used chainsaw. The old fart chewed me out for using 87 gas in my saw. He poured out my gas, added his and a little sea foam, started my saw and sent me home with pie on my face.. The next time I was there to buy some chains he forgot who I was... With or without you guys, I'll do something to help him out... I kind'a owe the guy... He always treated me good...

Heck, I might even try to be there and finally meet a few of you...

Absolutely a most excellent call! Would be good to put a face with a name. Lol

There will be another old timer there who fights with Lyme's also.

Ted

Latest posts

Back