the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure would but I'm already running 3/8th on my 029 which is a step up from the .325 and it runs fine and 3/8th on my 461....if I go to 404 I reckon I'm going to have to buy a bigger saw and bar to match....that'll give me the excuse to get the 661 I am drooling over I spose.....

PS. The Oracle and I are looking to move to Briag....
every one wants a 661

I have a speed sharp star
I know a couple of others have the same.
I tried a cheaper one and gave it away and bought a more robust one that flex's less and clamps more securely, and releases and clamps quickly

sent from my Android Phone

NOT ME !!!!
395xp all the way :) :)
always one that gotta be differant lol
I have a speed sharp star
I know a couple of others have the same.
I tried a cheaper one and gave it away and bought a more robust one that flex's less and clamps more securely, and releases and clamps quickly

sent from my Android Phone
Dave, why did you go with that one and not a SPEED MASTER

If you just wait there are tecomec or similar grinders that pop up on ebay there was one last week and I got one a while ago for not much more than what some of the copy ones ask ~$150

otherwise breaker and roll chain kit

Looking at buying a electric chain sharpener but not sure what to buy, I know theres crap out there and knowing my luck, thats what would happen
What do other people use
Peter
a85963c5db9edb9c0193fe5e6e585e2a.jpg
and a 5mm abn wheel

You might find that 404 chain lasts longer in the rough chippy.

I have a 25" bar running 404 Stihl RSC on my 066 Magnum, and it eats ironbark like its pine
A lot of people bag 404 as being slower in the cut than 3/8 but in the bush in dirty bark clad hard timber, it just goes and goes and goes.

Tough stuff!

It sure would but I'm already running 3/8th on my 029 which is a step up from the .325 and it runs fine and 3/8th on my 461....if I go to 404 I reckon I'm going to have to buy a bigger saw and bar to match....that'll give me the excuse to get the 661 I am drooling over I spose.....

PS. The Oracle and I are looking to move to Briag....

ORACLE.....Lol, yer cruisin for a bruisin buddy !

Pete, $18/chain is thievery, work on the hand filing, cheapest/quickest/done anywhere - and I do better if I put the glasses on :)

Is GB evo-II chain worth a punt?
I gather it's Chinese and the Chinese evo-I was a bit hit and miss, but how about the II variety?

Latest posts

Back