Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh oh, did you have a boo boo?
Haha no. Been wanting to build up an 044 I've had for some time now. Got a parts saw but it's a 10mm crankcase. I need a 12mm. I have everything else to build it. Oem piston and cylinder. Oem crank. Actually have cranks for both 10 and 12mm. But the piston is a 12mm wrist pin. The search continues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Haha no. Been wanting to build up an 044 I've had for some time now. Got a parts saw but it's a 10mm crankcase. I need a 12mm. I have everything else to build it. Oem piston and cylinder. Oem crank. Actually have cranks for both 10 and 12mm. But the piston is a 12mm wrist pin. The search continues.

10mm saws make more power, wouldn't it be easier to find a different piston?

How so? Enlighten me muh friend

*Supposedly* 10mm saws have a smaller crankcase volume which means higher velocity of air/fuel mix making more power.

Post over in chainsaw and I guarantee folks wont be shy about offering opinions. Also advance the timing when you are putting it back together, I hear those 044's like that.

*Supposedly* 10mm saws have a smaller crankcase volume which means higher velocity of air/fuel mix making more power.

Post over in chainsaw and I guarantee folks wont be shy about offering opinions. Also advance the timing when you are putting it back together, I hear those 044's like that.
I hear ya. I'm still on the hunt. I'll see what I come across. I think you are correct though. Smaller crankcase and stuff. I need to look at what I have and see where I should invest my money. I plan to hop it up a bit while building er up.

I hear ya. I'm still on the hunt. I'll see what I come across. I think you are correct though. Smaller crankcase and stuff. I need to look at what I have and see where I should invest my money. I plan to hop it up a bit while building er up.

Either way a 044 is a darn nice saw to have. They pull like an SOB especially with square file.

ATTENTION: CHARITY WOOD CUTTING EVENT CANCELLED.

The owners are giving up the Stihl dealership due to the new distributors outrageous demands.

Thanks to everyone who had planned on coming. I am disappointed.

Ted

Mortalitool, the place where the charity cut is happening is a Stihl dealer. I would guess he has 044 stuff as that's what his personal saw is.
What's the place called?

To bad this us cancelled. Was looking forward to doing a good thing.

Back