CHARITY WOODCUTTING EVENT, CENTRAL MN. CANCELLED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to say, but this has been cancelled. The owners are closing the end of the year due to the new Stihl distributor setting impossible demands on them.

Was looking forward to this, but I have no control over this decision.

A big thank you to all who were planning to come!

Ted

Sorry to say, but this has been cancelled. The owners are closing the end of the year due to the new Stihl distributor setting impossible demands on them.

Was looking forward to this, but I have no control over this decision.

A big thank you to all who were planning to come!

Ted
Dang. Was looking forward to this.

Dang. Was looking forward to this.

Me too. New distributor wanted them to move to a major hiway, become fully stocked, and wanted acct numbers for savings acct and life insurance policy.
I see why they said no. Apparently being a 45 yr dealer wasn't good enough.

Another reason to not like stihl.

Me too. New distributor wanted them to move to a major hiway, become fully stocked, and wanted acct numbers for savings acct and life insurance policy.

That's pretty crappy. Way to support the guy who supported you for almost 5 decades.

I guess they'd rather support JD/Stihl dealers who can't even look up parts.

First, I applaud all of your efforts! 2nd, a similar thing happened to my in-laws with another big company-Redwing boots". After 30 years of being a dealer their store burned to the ground and after sorting everything out being almost 70 then, they opted not to rebuild and then have to think about selling in a few years. They still wanted to keep the dealership of boots as so many customers new exactly what size/style boots the ordered but Redwing wouldn't let them continue without a store front with displays inside of city limits. Father-inlaw said they retailed out almost $30k of boots every year. Just don't understand corporate America some days.

Corporate America doesn't give a damn about the people who built them.

I recently left a company that cut their payout percentage to employees every year since I started there 7 years ago.

Would the family still need a personal supply of wood, or was this for the shop only?
Could still be a good cause and a fun day if they just need trees down for safety, and to supply some of their own wood.

I built a folding log lift for our 4 inch splitter that I could use more 'test time' on it anyway.

Would the family still need a personal supply of wood, or was this for the shop only?
Could still be a good cause and a fun day if they just need trees down for safety, and to supply some of their own wood.

I built a folding log lift for our 4 inch splitter that I could use more 'test time' on it anyway.

They are going to heat with l.p. now, so no need for wood. They are fine financially, just too frail to cut wood.

I moved up here from the city around 1974, before this, I'd help my dad cut and split wood because we needed to clear the area to build his house. We started out with two Mini Mac 6 saws and we'd cut and split up to 15 cords or oak per year. I wanted a bigger saw and the old Stihl dealer south of us is one of the first guys I met up here.. He didn't just do saws, the old guy was smart. I bought a new snowblower and the darn thing would never start good and one day I was talking to him and he told me to check the head gasket on the blower.. I kind'a laughed thinking how foolish he was - because the blower was new... I got home and sure enough, the head gasket was cracked from day one, the engine would run but a bugger to start..

Stihl is making a big mistake, they could put up a big building on the main streets, have huge signs up that show where they are located, they could give away coffee, hot dogs and free brats but if the owners now very little about the saws or how to fix them, they might as well sell their products on line..

That old guy has and knows generations of loyal customers, I have those 'Red Saws' but I bought most of my chains from him... When I wanted a new bar, he taught me how to dress them. Once I wanted to buy a few spark plugs and he laughed, poured out my gas, put in his and sent me off with my tail between my legs..

He might not be the dealership but I would think he'll always be around, maybe tinker with saws and give out advice. I can't see him sitting around eating soggy toast in the morning and watching some TV program... Like someone wrote above, that oil and exhaust smell gets in to your blood. This is sad... The seed dealer shut down and sold out, the mill is gone and now him... I guess the big box stores and the days of disposable goods are here to stay..

Latest posts

Back