Fiskars X27 vs Husqvarna S2800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember when Fiskars first put out the X27 everyone said it was strange too. Don't dismiss this because if it's handle. Trust me.
Ok ok! I'll pick one up next time in the city! Haha

Full disclosure I like the feel of a 36" handle myself. But this (the S2800) is a more effective tool so this is what I'll be using until something better comes along.

Full disclosure I like the feel of a 36" handle myself. But this (the S2800) is a more effective tool so this is what I'll be using until something better comes along.
Is it about the length of an x25 ?

They are both good axes in their own right. The myth that a 8lb+ maul is needed for challenging wood has beed debunked! While my 8lb maul has not been tossed, it sees more use now as a sledge hammer than a wood splitting axe. SVK has played with these two for a while (like myself) and l agree the S2800 is a better splitting axe. They are similar with the same high velocity strike design but the S2800 is my pick of the two. The teflon coating is marketing hype.....it wore off pretty quick without any noticable 'sticking' difference.

Back