the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ORACLE.....Lol, yer cruisin for a bruisin buddy !

Pete, $18/chain is thievery, work on the hand filing, cheapest/quickest/done anywhere - and I do better if I put the glasses on :)
Yeah, do the hand filing still but arthrites is catching up fast and yes glasses do help
recon ill keep an eye out though, never knows what could turn up anywhere

Is GB evo-II chain worth a punt?
I gather it's Chinese and the Chinese evo-I was a bit hit and miss, but how about the II variety?
I got a 25' in .325 to try and and its proved to be ok. Just a bit tight in the rivets to start off with I found but other then that ok. Was running it on a 20" GB power tech on a 026

G'day guys.. last few weeks of the year been flat out getting orders done..
Few pics from our gate security cameras, ya crazy not to have em nowadays we have 16 cameras all up and yeah is kind of hard to fart without being on video around here haha, but sadly its a picture of the times we live in....
Skidder and the old Loader went for a ride down into NSW few weeks ago (edit Mt Mackenzie) way postrips backyard I believe ,we are logging a paddock of Blackbutt down there....I've been lucky so far I've not had to go bush (yet).. Old man hopes to cart 4 loads over the this weekend.
2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 2109.JPG 127.JPG

I was wondering if I'd send this guy a message and see if he'd post, but if you're keen...
A nice old one with a reversible motor.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=272059815221
thats what I saw last week and wass talking about.
Ask away mine was a no ship because the seller "thought it would be to expensive" but i paid the $55 and got a "real One"

Is GB evo-II chain worth a punt?
I gather it's Chinese and the Chinese evo-I was a bit hit and miss, but how about the II variety?

Im going to try both of those at some point. Is that the same as the "Harbor Freight Grinder" that has hundreds of pages discussing it by the likes of @Philbert
cheaper chain even just a few loops would be great practice chain

always one that gotta be differant lol

Dave, why did you go with that one and not a SPEED MASTER
I bought the speed sharp star from mcw
the clamping arrangement stronger,
is more accurate for left right cutters
this makes it give a better result and takes less time to do a couple of chains at the end of a day (when all I really want is to get out of the shed get a shower and a beer)

. . .Is that the same as the "Harbor Freight Grinder" that has hundreds of pages discussing it by the likes of @Philbert
Nope. Need to pay attention (and follow the links).
That 'Cam-Loc' model is more like the 'Northern Tool' or 'Oregon clone' grinders that sell for about $100 - $120 around here. Sometimes a bit less if on sale. Sold under lots of names, and in lots of colors. The 'HF grinders' sell in the $30 - $50 range, and much smaller.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/northern-hyd-grinder-making-it-work-pics.40844/
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/hf-chain-grinder-thread.268303/

Philbert

I got a 25' in .325 to try and and its proved to be ok. Just a bit tight in the rivets to start off with I found but other then that ok. Was running it on a 20" GB power tech on a 026
Thanks. Might give it a try. That said though, there is a Chinese bumper link 3/8 .063 being sold here with a money back guarantee. The seller suggests sceptics use it, sharpen a few times, and if they don't like it they'll be refunded.
Having misplaced a 25' roll of 36rm (I think it was stolen but maybe I just put it somewhere in the shed and can't find it) I was caught short of 32" loops recently so made up a loop from carlton, stihl, and oregon left-overs to get me through the next few days. Threw the chain way too many times and I figure keeping a roll of cheap chain on hand just-in-case can't be a bad thing.

Im going to try both of those at some point. Is that the same as the "Harbor Freight Grinder" that has hundreds of pages discussing it by the likes of @Philbert
Vaguely similar Chinese clone is my guess. But I liked the free freight, reasonable price and refund guarantee. The jonno pair do a cheaper one that seems similar, but I don't know if theirs comes with a 30-day right of return.

Philbert, did you get much further in your focus on the automated grinders a wee while ago?

Back