Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can take a couple feet of fuel line and hold one end up to the high jet hole with the jet screw removed to check pressure. You have to use a finger to plug the inlet hole while you hold the line up to the jet screw hole as you blow into it. The inlet hole is the tiny hole that aligns with the tip of the high screw when seated. It should let air pass through but check shut if you try to draw air back. Carbs with the rubber check valve will hold pressure and should. Other carbs will have a screen and they're not meant to hold pressure, but just slow the backwards flow.
Some carbs have a flat enough surface at the inlet hole to allow testing without removing the high screw

The only 066 bars that fit the 064 are the early model 066. Later 066/660 are taller by about a full inch.
Wouldnt happen to have a part # for the early 066?

My brother in law is a turtle cleaning machine, I prefer them deep fried, delicious.

Cows are too high to eat right now, better haul them off and eat turtle.

Cattle are down quite a lot here......if course winter is coming...

Fried huh?

I'll be trying that. Our ponds are overrun with turtles. Time to eat a few.

Cattle are down quite a lot here......if course winter is coming...

Fried huh?

I'll be trying that. Our ponds are overrun with turtles. Time to eat a few.
We keep them in a cattle trough for a week in fresh water then butcher them. Breaded and fried, better than chicken by a damn sight

They have aftermarket ones on Ebay but dont know if they r any good
I have a oem one and a aftermarket one, the oem is heavier built than the aftermarket one but that doesn't bother me. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the aftermarket one, oem is dumb expensive.

I installed the bearings last night. PTO side won't hold a bearing. Loose fit.
I can pull it out by hand with a cold case.
I had to use scotchbrite pads to clean the powder out of the bearing pockets so that didn't help any I'm sure.
Gonna try Loctite 620 high temp retaining compound.
I've used 609 (non-high temp) retaining compound and it is some tough ****. Has 3000psi tensile strength. The 620 should be good for 3500psi at up to 450*f
Was there an old bearing in it when it was blasted? I learned that the hard way. It doesn't take much at all to eat the soft magnesium out of there. I put it together with Loctite sleeve or bearing retainer. I forget the PN. Ask @Stihl 041S .

Back