The longest bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
191487d1311258984-zachary-035-jpg

Firewood saw

Biggest bars I own are a 32'' for the 044 and a 25'' for the 391..... yes guys a 391 can pull a 25'' bar when needed would not want it to wear it all the time though.

@sawfun probably has some current pictures of big magnesium saws sporting long bars.......

Largest I have is a 42" 3/8 063 that I used on my former 2100CD. I suppose I could run it on one of my 395's? Well, if I lived somewhere with big trees I could......

Spindrift7mm ran an 026 with a 42" b/c at our first GTG in 2012. Was for ***** and giggles (and was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek 'flipping the bird' gesture intended for folks on AS that run tiny bars on big saws). Took a LONG time to get through a 32-36"ish DF log and put a hurting on that tiny clutch. Unfortunately, no pics or vid of his run have been found. I could have sworn I shot some.............but can't find 'em...

gots any history on that animal???

I got this picture from Bob Gillespie. His is the grandson of the man by the same name that ran Seattle Mill and Mine-Titan chainsaws.

Just realized I actually have a bunch of cool pics from the factory archives I need to post up.

The 20 foot bar never really worked and might have been a novelty idea. If you pick the saw up the chain would probably sag more than a foot.

Plus it weighed close to 400 pounds.

Latest posts

Back