Christmas Giving 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With not too many presents to deliver even if I had something of interest to gift.

Who is from Europe or close by anyway, 7sleeper , CapitaineHaddoc , Ferguson system , reindeer - anyone else? o_O

Up to 500 gram weight package shipping to the US isn't actually too bad, I just have to figure out some gift of value higher than shipping cost.
I have something in mind, just have to check availability.
If you could get your hands on the non CM661 parts you could make lots of Christmas friends.

Gotcha. When you wrote "just a boarder crossing away" I expected a bit closer distance.

Another even bigger problem is that I cannot transport saws or saw parts across the border if I intend to sell them, even if I am giving them away it is not allowed. I have been stopped and detained before for having a Husqvarna 394 clutch cover in the trunk of my car.

Another even bigger problem is that I cannot transport saws or saw parts across the border if I intend to sell them, even if I am giving them away it is not allowed. I have been stopped and detained before for having a Husqvarna 394 clutch cover in the trunk of my car.

id be screwed then i usually have my trunk full of tools and a saw or so

That is unreal.

O and here's another surprise. And I gotta give props to homelite410 for letting me use his idea. Thanks bud. This one is going out to a lucky winner as lottery style. If you will actually use the knife post your name in the thread as you would in homelite410's lottery and my son or daughter will draw the winner from a hat on December 24th. Merry Christmas and good luck brothers. This is in Christmas thread because computer is down and had to use my phone but couldn't figure out how to do a link. Maybe someone could help and change it. If need be.
Put me in i'll skin a deer with if I win. Thanks
Stihlsmoking

Just mail it to Tijuana, and they can bring it in through San Diego, no problems . . .

Philbert

Do you have to register saws??
All saws and parts have to go through customs, guess they check them for contraband and then access their value and set the fees associated with them crossing the border.

I have taken saws into Canada. I actually stopped at the US Customs building beforehand and got a slip verifying that I was bringing them in, so that I could bring them back out without paying duty. The Canadian guys just kept asking if I had guns.

Philbert

I have taken saws into Canada. I actually stopped at the US Customs building beforehand and got a slip verifying that I was bringing them in, so that I could bring them back out without paying duty. The Canadian guys just kept asking if I had guns.

Philbert
That is a no $hiter. Americans must make that mistake often.

We brought a poulan woodshark with us when we went to Canada on a moose hunt. It's been years ago, but we never had a minutes trouble for bringing it back across the border...we used the saw, but believe it or not it never touched a piece of wood. We filled it with vegetable oil and cut through the pelvis and bones of the moose one of the guys killed while we were up there lol

If you could get your hands on the non CM661 parts you could make lots of Christmas friends.
Lots of Christmas friends for sure and no coin in my back pocket left! o_O

Stihl saws and parts are expensive in my area, the fun of buying parts just to gift them away would quickly fade. :confused:

Lots of Christmas friends for sure and no coin in my back pocket left! o_O

Stihl saws and parts are expensive in my area, the fun of buying parts just to gift them away would quickly fade. :confused:
I would make sure that you came out ahead !
Can you get the coil ?
Thats the only piece of the puzzle that hasnt been overcome
Part number is
1144 400 1301

I have never claimed any saw or parts coming and going to Oregons GTG's never been questioned and been searched on both sides. Even by the US guys coming back.
But see what happens when you have a empty no good 50 cal shell!!!

BBB

Back