Stihl 026 pro carb adjustment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you go out and run it hard in cold temperatures and get back to us?

Seizure is caused by heat. The muffler mod will likely add some additional cooling assuming that the mixture has been compensated which also lowers temperatures due to evaporative cooling.
The heat that causes seizure comes from a lean A/F ratio... his saw is not grossly lean.. I believe the manual for my 260 says 14000 plus or minus 200, but regardless many times the factory spec is pig rich.

Had time to cut more wood t
his am and tried out the 026. It seemed to run good. I could here a little gurgle out of the cut and cylnder temp was good. After ten mns of bucking it was 265-275 f.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

If it's gurgling out of the cut its plenty safe.
Thats what i figured but i would like to open exhaust so ill use it for now and will buy a fully adjustable carb in new year and open exhaust. But i am happy with it. Very good workng saw for a 48cc saw. Lots a power for stalk.

Thats what i figured but i would like to open exhaust so ill use it for now and will buy a fully adjustable carb in new year and open exhaust. But i am happy with it. Very good workng saw for a 48cc saw. Lots a power for stalk.

While your at it do a base gasket delete and advance the timing a bit.

Well i would hope its an oem filter. I know the lady i got it from and she had just spent little over $250 at the stihl dealer to get it going then decided it was too big for her. I think they screwed her over. Ther sold her a new bar an chain which it did not need. I got old one back on as it perfectly fine. And new filter, plug, and suposedly running and ready to go. I would have been pissed if i paid that money and saw wouldnt run.

around here a great running 024 avs goes for 150-200 tops.. they saw her coming my friend. also there is a mesh and a flocked air filter the latter is preferred.

around here a great running 024 avs goes for 150-200 tops.. they saw her coming my friend. also there is a mesh and a flocked air filter the latter is preferred.
Ya they are ok to buy a saw from or parts but i would never get one fixed. they are also a trachtor dealership/repair so probly the stihl part of it isnt top priority.

while back i called to get a price to have a chain shortened and they were gonna charge half hour shop rate. Well heck could buy new chain for that so took it to a well know stihl dealer and they only charged 2 bucks.

I tried to pull the gasket of the last 026 I had through here, and it was a piston knocker without it. Wouldn't even roll over.

14,200, or any rpm under 17K won't destruct the motor as long as the mixture is OK. You can't just go by rpm and a tach if you've done any mod to the factory setup.

There's a cheap Chinese carb on eBay with the snorkel for $18 to your door. I bought a 194 for $38 delivered. Both worked perfectly fine, but I believe the 194 has a larger Venturi diameter.

Metal mesh filters are rarer than hens teeth, but they work really well. They can be found on eBay as well. Usually in the $40 range, but you need to hunt.

You will have to check squish if you remove the base gasket. Some 026 can handle it, some can't. Usually the early red lever ones are the head slappers.

My last MS260 build 4 stroked at 16,200 with a nylon filter and 16,900 with the filter pulled.

Latest posts

Back