Want to buy a 550 XP advice please?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm wondering what I should expect to pay for a 550xp with a 20 inch bar 3/8 pitch and .05O?
Online there about $550 delivered. I'd rather pay cash and get it locally so what should I expect to pay?

I was out of town and needed the saw in a pinch. Went to the closest dealer, had them switch it to 3/8 drive with a 20" bar and paid $579. More then I would have paid if I could have waited until I returned home to my local dealer but I have zero complaints. The saw flat out rips!

I gave one of them a test run after I taught the owner how to sharpen it.. it was a nice saw, I liked it

They run well stock unlike many new saws. Five series Huskies are class leaders which ever one you get IMO. Not perfect, no saw is but as far as new 50cc pro saws the 550xp is a tough one to beat. It just behaves and does what a 50cc saw should. I cringe a little writing this as l am far from a husky cheerleader. Credit where credits due I suppose. Congrats on new saw l am sure you will like it.:)

They run well stock unlike many new saws. Five series Huskies are class leaders which ever one you get IMO. Not perfect, no saw is but as far as new 50cc pro saws the 550xp is a tough one to beat. It just behaves and does what a 50cc saw should. I cringe a little writing this as l am far from a husky cheerleader. Credit where credits due I suppose. Congrats on new saw l am sure you will like it.:)
from what I'm reading I think it would be the perfect saw for me. I'm looking for a second saw for my 7900.

Local dealer 550 out the door and if I buy three cans of the premix I get a four year warranty. That seems pretty reasonable?

Might balance a little better with a 16" or 18", very nice saw!!!

Hit the primer bulb once or twice on hot starts after sitting 5 minutes or more and it will start first pull

Might balance a little better with a 16" or 18", very nice saw!!!

Hit the primer bulb once or twice on hot starts after sitting 5 minutes or more and it will start first pull
I like a 18" bar on a 50cc saw as well.

I use a 550xp at work. It flat out rips! Just seems like it has more of an attitude than my 346 NE that I own. Still not letting go of my 346 though...

from what I'm reading I think it would be the perfect saw for me. I'm looking for a second saw for my 7900.
Then with a 550xp and a 7900 you would have two models that exceed the pack in their respective class. The 7900 cuts like a 90cc saw if not better with the weight of a good pro 70cc saw. While l own both these saws and one or two more, l could not think of a more versitile performance 2 saw plan. Both saws are VERY respectable stock!! Buying whats best is the key no matter what color it is. No brand is king of all classes, the trick is working out who does what best, & l think that is what your doing.

Back