Want to buy a 550 XP advice please?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up the saw. Seems like a very nice saw. Very light and comfortable ergonomics. I did flood the saw but it was probably my own fault. Once I got it going it would lag a little bit with the throttle response but I was really babying the saw probably too much. After running for a while it seemed to respond normally.

I was glad they have the extended 4 year warranty if you bought the 3 cans of premix.

I'm waiting for a coil for my 5105. I would like to see how this compares to that saw. I do like my Domar but this 550xp definitely feels lighter in my hands. I like a lot of the features on the saw better than my Dolmar.
The only thing I couldn't figure out is why they put a compression release on this Saw?. I think that is why I flooded the saw but it'll take some getting used to. I think I may just not use the compression release unless I'm missing something. Maybe after the ring seat in the compression goes up on my change my mind. LOL

On bigger cube saws it's pretty easy to figure why there is a compression release... I have been working on a 394 and every now and then I forget to hit the decomp button and it reminds me quite effectively of my absentmindedness.

On the smaller saws, IDK.. But I still use them as I feel that at the very least it saves wear and tear on recoil starter components.

You will have a hard time wiping the grin off your face when you put that 550 into some wood.

Back