Found another 6 cube today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

struggle

Got stumps?
Reaction score
This came from a person buying some saws from me on a Craig's list add. He mentioned it and wanted to get rid of it.

Came with a 36" 3/8 bar plus the bar on it. 2bills brought it home.

Good piston with some minor scratches. Runs. Chain brake works although a little Benty on the handle
07500ed1a964634b6443b973642c7aca.jpg

b6f0964e4aa5561177de80f092230cb5.jpg

Sent from somewhere

I started it here a bit ago(didn't start it when I picked it up, just checked piston and compression) It seems like it has little A/V on the little I throttle blipping I did. It didn't hold idle so I didn't mess anymore with it for tonight. I did start on the first pull though.

I figured it would need some attention. Might just pressure check it to be sure and go from there first.

It was throwing a lot of oil off that little bar for sure so that works.

Sent from somewhere

Do they not all have that wrap around bottom handle?

Sent from somewhere

I did see it has a possible twin exhaust as there is a plate on the bottom covering the other hole.

Nice link 295!
Sent from somewhere

I bought mine from a guy at work who got it from a old mac dealer.
those mufflers that have the left or right exhaust are a different style.
I bought a few parts from a old Partner dealer, no much to be found out there

Here's mine.need to go through the carb and install new crank seals for the hell of it.its wearing one of Jons 24 in windsor dura tips.this was one of the last saws my uncle bought to log with.came with a parts saw with a killed cylinder.more or less i just use it to see if the neighbor kids can start it if they say they want to start loggin.:laugh: i'll get it out nowmand then to buck some big logs.don't want to use it too much since it was my uncles.too much sentimental value to run it into the dirt.
20141127_123614.jpg

Do they not all have that wrap around bottom handle?

Sent from somewhere
No. Partner did the same thing with the 500/5000 saws. The 500 doesn't have the bottom brace. It really makes a big difference in the feel of the saw. The a/v seems mushy without it.

Latest posts

Back