WTF?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just so guys understand this is what is really going on -
in my Ebay store I can add quantity to a listing at any time and my inventory goes down automatically as people buy stuff until it says I have zero in stock.
If something happens to the last one I have in stock, like I sell it to a local saw guy or send it to a private customer here on AS or use it for a warranty then Ebay thinks I have one and somebody online can theoretically buy something I cant ship which is a bad thing.
If I just end the auction then anybody "watching" it in Ebay loses it and cant find it easily when it gets put back in stock.
I jack the price up in these cases so nobody will buy one until I get them back in stock and reset the price.
If you see any of my auctions at a reasonable price plus $2000.00, then that is exactly what happened, I raise it by $2K so it is easy to find later :)
If any of you guys want one of these special $2K tools I will include a "free" $13.00 Stihl tool box and a "free" T-shirt that might be your size.
Dave

Idk I think that price is reasonable to protect my precious thumbs....just waiting for the 5000.00 dollar cylinder kit to come back in stock then I'll place an order. Seriously if you can't figure out why they're priced like that on your own someone should revoke your eBay privileges......

Seriously if you can't figure out why they're priced like that on your own someone should revoke your eBay privileges......

"I have a potty mouth", not everyone is a vendor. I honestly thought it was a typo. I've seen other items crazy pricey but always thought typos or accidents.

just so guys understand this is what is really going on -
in my Ebay store I can add quantity to a listing at any time and my inventory goes down automatically as people buy stuff until it says I have zero in stock.
If something happens to the last one I have in stock, like I sell it to a local saw guy or send it to a private customer here on AS or use it for a warranty then Ebay thinks I have one and somebody online can theoretically buy something I cant ship which is a bad thing.
If I just end the auction then anybody "watching" it in Ebay loses it and cant find it easily when it gets put back in stock.
I jack the price up in these cases so nobody will buy one until I get them back in stock and reset the price.
If you see any of my auctions at a reasonable price plus $2000.00, then that is exactly what happened, I raise it by $2K so it is easy to find later :)
If any of you guys want one of these special $2K tools I will include a "free" $13.00 Stihl tool box and a "free" T-shirt that might be your size.
Dave

Thanks for that. I have often wondered why there are items that are priced so stupid high. It all makes sense to me now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-Chain...er-12mm-MS440-MS460-046-064-066-MS660-/221731
How many circlips do you need to install to pay for this tool? No wonder the dealer charges $80/hr.

Well you have obviously never used one....:lol:

Seriously, my fingers are numb from carpal tunnel, I have a weak thumb ( ligament damage ?) and bad eyes. I have two of the Stihl circlip install tools and they were about $50 bucks each, I figure I've lost, bent and damaged about 20 clips ( ( $1 each) over the years and wasted hours of Time searching for the rest. With the tool it takes about 30 seconds every time. And rarely ever takes more then one try.
Yes I'm a tool junky too.

Back