032 coil ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work great. Just reverse the ground with the lead. Thats why some say it wont "work" cause the directions dont say anything about reversing the wires. My 032 and now 2 031's, homelite 150, and a 051av all run like banshees thanks to them. Snip the wire going to the points and run a ground wire from one of the coil bolts to get a really good ground. Mounted mine in the airbox. I had a few bad nova2 modules so i use the kawasaki m70114 module.

I used the Stihl trigger unit 1118 400 1001.
Worked like a charm. Got it from my dealer for $20.95

I'd love to see a repair video with the 032 and the module! I think I can get my hands on the one I traded off.

I believe I saw some on YouTube. Don't recall if they were well done though. I remember watching one and saying to myself, "This guy don't know his head from his arss".

I seen a bunch of the 028/031/homelite s done but never the 032. There was a guy on eBay that claimed if you would send your coil he would fix it to where you could use the module for like $80.

I did a lot of research on here and part numbers between the 031/032. I found out my 031 electronic is timed slightly different than the 032 points saw i have (comparing flywheels on top of each other). BA lot of people here have debated whether the timing has to be changed on an 031 to use the module. My electronic did not, my 032 just needed the wires on the module swapped. I do have an early model 031 with points i havent dug into yet, so that might need a timing change. I also figured out the 032 points model i have uses the same flywheel as a 032 electronic model does where the 031 uses a different flywheel for the points and electronic models. I'm thinkin if the 031 points model needs a timing change, i'll buy a used electronic flywheel for 031 and it should fix it without having to rotate the flywheel.

Latest posts

Back