Piss Revvin chainsaw mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michigan Escapee

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Obviously, if you get a big enough collection, you're not gonna be actively sawing all time time. Or if you cut down lots of small weed trees and brush, you barely need a 38cc chainsaw, but you probably do rev it up a little just to clear the assorted crap out of the chain path. But that's not to say you can't sound cool while just generating smoke and RPMs. You just need something that is comparable to the exhaust whistles that fake turbo sounds. :rock: link for the morbidly curious. http://www.walmart.com/ip/47551263

Now high pitched noise, adding reed elements to the exhaust port would do it. For deeper noises, I would think opening up the smaller muffler, then putting a bigger housing over the top of it with some steel wool wedged in here and there to act as a spacer, and absorb a bit of the high freq noise would do it. The question is does this still allow enough energy to give better bass response, or would you need to remove the original interior baffle of the original muffler?

I may eventually get bored enough to buy some pawnshop/craigslist saws and experiment, but I figured I'd ask people out there with larger piles of saws and junk parts if they know first.

I duct tape a pair of megaphones to my saw after I attach a hand crank siren to the clutch.
It all about ME!!!

Now here's a thought, an evil one no doubt, rig up a bolt on accessory for electric chainsaws, an air pump, reed valve, and echo chamber linked up to a rev sensor on the chainsaw. The purpose being, to make gas chainsaw noises while running your electric chainsaw. :chainsaw:

Back