Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collected a lot of those helping my Dad in the summers putting old school corrugated galvanized roofing on barns. Starting those old lead-headed nails made it easy to put a hammer to a finger. A red hot needle through the nail gave you relief as soon as you saw the mini gusher of blood come out.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Eugene ran a punjie stake thru the calf of his leg. We both had a cigarette while l used his and my field dressings to cover it up. Eugene didn't normally smoke.

He went to Japan to recover.
Well that sure as hell made walking a bit harder...
Damn...
And I thought a nail in the eye was bad enough.

Well my cousin and his wife laid their daughter Carlie to rest today. I carved this Eagle for them with a Scripture reference.
285d4e7e52e070a2f91c36cbb4729b3d.jpg
93a76ece38f02448befee40b498b8aee.jpg
they did the visitation at a local church where they stopped counting at the door at 1086 people. The hardest part to watch was when her teammates arrived after playing their 1st game without Carlie. There was an extended period of hugs and tears. As I never know exactly what to carve or which reference to place on a sculpture for this type of thing, I was led to do this Eagle for them with the corresponding verse about eagles wings Isaiah, 40:31. Well I received the confirmation that I was indeed listening... Someone gave them a day by day Scripture reference book at the funeral today and guess what verse was the one for today? Isaiah 40:31. A divine appointment. no one could ever convince me that God is not involved in even the minute details of every persons life. My prayer as always are for grace and peace for my family as they begin to heal from one of life's worst wounds, the death of a child. Be blessed my friends!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

We don't have an exact date yet Thomas, but lets go with the first weekend in March, weather permitting. I have to go out and drop a few trees soon, so that'll give a chance to get some pictures taken and posted.
I'd love to play but it looks like I'm going back to Virginia again from Feb-Apr... I may be back early May.

Well my cousin and his wife laid their daughter Carlie to rest today. I carved this Eagle for them with a Scripture reference.they did the visitation at a local church where they stopped counting at the door at 1086 people. The hardest part to watch was when her teammates arrived after playing their 1st game without Carlie. There was an extended period of hugs and tears. As I never know exactly what to carve or which reference to place on a sculpture for this type of thing, I was led to do this Eagle for them with the corresponding verse about eagles wings Isaiah, 40:31. Well I received the confirmation that I was indeed listening... Someone gave them a day by day Scripture reference book at the funeral today and guess what verse was the one for today? Isaiah 40:31. A divine appointment. no one could ever convince me that God is not involved in even the minute details of every persons life. My prayer as always are for grace and peace for my family as they begin to heal from one of life's worst wounds, the death of a child. Be blessed my friends!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

So beautiful, and so well done.

Today we got the wood we had cut on the pond dam yesterday at work.
It was a muddy mess, I walked threw the woods and found several nice
Dead trees, got them out and into fire wood the last hour Justin came and got me he found 3 nice tall Cherry trees, they were in a bad place, there was a big elm (36"or so)
Blown down on top of a 30' plus tall cherry tree in rough shape and vines and a few other trees, scary as heck! There was one about as big on the other side of the blow down, it had a nasty lean. I was careful how I dropped it and it was alot of work to pack
Out in firewood size. The next was closer than I wanted to the blow down mess
But the maintenance guy said if I dropped it safely
He would dig it out with the tractor, so I did , we took it out in 2 pieces
Each one over 20'...... the last one holding the blow down.......
I wasn't gonna touch it, it looked like a good way to get killed

Well we took Tammy to the er and she crushed that Lil bone on the tip of her finger. We go back Friday to check fir tendon damage. They numbed it, drained it , and sewed it on to protect the nail bed.

Lidacaine is your friend. I will be glad when this is over, for her sake and mine, LOL....

Back