Chain bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoozeys

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Am i likely to have an issue running stihl bar oil in my husky

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I ended up getting oregon oil ... my brother works at a stihl store

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

All BS aside, and because this is a serious subject given tremendous importance by OCD anonymous at weekly meetings, I've tested a few different oils and used a heat gun to check bar nose temperatures, and canola oil seems the cool-running-ist.

I used Husky bar oil in my Stihl once. It turned the covers a different color orange

I use rapseed oil, chans get stiff after a month. But loosens right up.
Espessially Good on the top handles as you are bound to get som oil in youre lungs.
Cheap as well :)

I used hydraulic oil that came out of my splitter after that ran out switched to vegetable oil no problems. Saw it here and gave it a try. Works great so far, I'm just a fire wood hack. By the way I put it in tide bottles, built in funnel easy to see oil in tank too.

Stihl bar oil in a Husky will cause the screw in oil cap to malfunction, just like on a flippy capped Stihl.:happybanana:

Peanut oil. I also once picked up a Husky while wearing a Stihl cap

I would shy away from peanut oil. I have a cousin who is allergic to peanuts, they will kill him, especially if you were out in the bush somewhere. You never know who will come along with you or maybe walk close to you when you are cutting.

Peanut allergies are no joke.

Latest posts

Back