Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do not like the actions of the mods feel free to contact us but dont complain when someone breaks the rules and they are enforced.
Maybe they should delete the whole thread..
Wouldn't be the first time..
Yeah....delete posts, lock threads, ban people.

Must be a powder puff site, Not a chainsaw forum

Posts get deleted and people get banned but nobody is ever responsible or knows why. Is stihlboy the new sheriff in town?
I was thinking a rebirth of the old skool, pistol-totin' Sheriff BA...with the all-time best, classic line next..."What seems to be the problem in here?" :laugh:

I feel this site thinks it's bigger then it is, and the only game in town wich I'd not the case.
You ban members that attract people like Randymac. Or eccentric hell you banned a ex mod of the site.

All you do when you ban people is drive them to other sites in turn is lowering the sites hits wich makes less $$ for the owners.

Good Day Sir

Yeah....delete posts, lock threads, ban people.

Must be a powder puff site, Not a chainsaw forum

I think all the builders should just build the best 661 they can and send them to a non-biased party and run em' to see what they got and not have the losers act like an ass-hoe .. then the debate is over :)

I think all the builders should just build the best 661 they can and send them to a non-biased party and run em' to see what they got and not have the losers act like an ass-hoe .. then the debate is over :)

I'd volunteer for that. I know a couple of good fallers that would be objective and fair in their opinions. The saws would be put into a real-world cutting environment and get the snot ran out of them. No weekend warrior cookie cutting foolishness but real falling and bucking and run by guys who really know what a saw should be doing and what it's capable of.
I'm serious about this. The saws would be well taken care of, within commercial cutting parameters, but they wouldn't be babied.
The builder could specify what fuel/oil mix they want but beyond that it would be strictly up to the operator .
Builder pays for the ride both ways.
Any takers?

I started burning coal this year.So I joined a site about coal.2 days ago I was having trouble with my controller,it runs the stove automatically.So I asked a question and was told by another member he did not know anything about those "girly" things. I immediately thought of what is going on with the modders on this site.The "girly"statement was meant as a joke or a jab towards me,I laughed it off and told him because I asked the question I also knew nothing about them.

This is my take on the situation here.Guys are guys they are going to throw out jabs. That comes with the territory,so the ones that are on the receiving end have to man up grow a couple and allow their skin to get thick. Last night I believe the problem started around post #80.Then another post was posted about all the trouble on another site and went into detail about what happened on that site.That was the one and only post that I personally deleted.I also handed out a warning for that post because it definitely stirred the pot.

This bickering back and forth over the last couple of months has caused a lot of problems.I also agree that we have lost some good people,I hope they come back.I can do little about what has taken place over the last couple of months. I would hope that we can move on.

I'd volunteer for that. I know a couple of good fallers that would be objective and fair in their opinions. The saws would be put into a real-world cutting environment and get the snot ran out of them. No weekend warrior cookie cutting foolishness but real falling and bucking and run by guys who really know what a saw should be doing and what it's capable of.
I'm serious about this. The saws would be well taken care of, within commercial cutting parameters, but they wouldn't be babied.
The builder could specify what fuel/oil mix they want but beyond that it would be strictly up to the operator .
Builder pays for the ride both ways.
Any takers?
Well I would say that of all the guys here, The loggers would give them the toughest test. They would get the heck run out of them. Wouldn't take long to see which one couldn't take it.

I started burning coal this year.So I joined a site about coal.2 days ago I was having trouble with my controller,it runs the stove automatically.So I asked a question and was told by another member he did not know anything about those "girly" things. I immediately thought of what is going on with the modders on this site.The "girly"statement was meant as a joke or a jab towards me,I laughed it off and told him because I asked the question I also knew nothing about them.

This is my take on the situation here.Guys are guys they are going to throw out jabs. That comes with the territory,so the ones that are on the receiving end have to man up grow a couple and allow their skin to get thick. Last night I believe the problem started around post #80.Then another post was posted about all the trouble on another site and went into detail about what happened on that site.That was the one and only post that I personally deleted.I also handed out a warning for that post because it definitely stirred the pot.

This bickering back and forth over the last couple of months has caused a lot of problems.I also agree that we have lost some good people,I hope they come back.I can do little about what has taken place over the last couple of months. I would hope that we can move on.
I bet the deleted post and warning went over real well. Bringing what happened on another site here is nothing more than to stir the pot and throw gas on the fire, then play victim by running to the owners and mods, everyone has seen it. Some things on AS will never change.

Good call bossman , id love to see the end result.
Bossman!..lol No boss here. But I'd like to see the results too. but I never had a tree scream Your saw is too slow before. what difference does it make it a stock saw gets through the cut in 5 seconds and a ported one in 4.8. But to each his own I guess, us being different is what makes the world go round.

I bet the deleted post and warning went over real well. Bringing what happened on another site here is nothing more than to stir the pot and throw gas on the fire, then play victim by running to the owners and mods, everyone has seen it. Somethings on AS will never change.
Zactly...
Yep. Blame the riff raff, whoever they are. I was serious about the tin-foil hats and conspiracy theories. There's a bunch of ****ing nut jobs around here...

I bet the deleted post and warning went over real well. Bringing what happened on another site here is nothing more than to stir the pot and throw gas on the fire, then play victim by running to the owners and mods, everyone has seen it. Somethings on AS will never change.

I'll put it this way that dog don't trail like it use to.Each complaint will be dealt with according to the facts.As far as riff raff,I do not buy that either.We have a lot of good members here,not riff raff. If someone runs to me a red flag usually goes up. I am not going to hand out warnings or ban anyone just because someone else thinks they should be warned or banned.I will however issue infractions for breaking the rules.Name calling,insults and bad language are a few,but that works both ways.A member can not run to the Mods so to speak, complain about name calling and then himself call others names.

I'll put it this way that dog don't trail like it use to.Each complaint will be dealt with according to the facts.As far as riff raff,I do not buy that either.We have a lot of good members here,not riff raff. If someone runs to me a red flag usually goes up. I am not going to hand out warnings or ban anyone just because someone else thinks they should be warned or banned.I will however issue infractions for breaking the rules.Name calling,insults and bad language are a few,but that works both ways.A member can not run to the Mods so to speak, complain about name calling and then himself call others names.
Fair enough...you're pickin' up what i'm puttin' down.

You are kidding right? A build off will only fuel the fire IMO. The "debate" will never end.

You are kidding right? A build off will only fuel the fire IMO. The "debate" will never end.

Same wood..same chain..same tune for the obvious reasons if the cookie cuttin route was taken.

A faller wouldnt time cuts anyway , Bob's opinion would be solid about how the saw performs all over the board.

Id like to see it both ways.

when i lost in any aspect of life i competed in i tried to figure out how to win again instead of actin like a b!tch about losing and makin excuses..its a shame more people cant adopt that attitude.

Cars couldn't have sung it better...'Let the good times roll...let them knock you around'...and we'll see who gets the prize waiting at the end.

And here's the prize with all the braggin' rights...
:numberone:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back