Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 661 problem solved by swapping out the harness and coil?
I thought these items were earlier (pre-dealer involvement) swapped with a known good saw, without solving the problem on the 'bad' saw, or causing a problem on the known 'good' saw when swapped into it?

If that is the case, and because this thread is the perfect candidate for comprehension fails, assumptive farkups and conspiracy theories, I'm calling it thus:

There was more wrong (or finer details about the problem being withheld) but the dealer or Brad doesn't want the world to know about it, either because the former is being rail-roaded by head office to **** about the issue lest word gets out, or the latter either made a basic diagnostic error they are unwilling to admit to or is seeking to profit from the unique info they have garnered in this matter.
And there you have it...

And i'da gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!!

So, 661 problem solved by swapping out the harness and coil?
I thought these items were earlier (pre-dealer involvement) swapped with a known good saw, without solving the problem on the 'bad' saw, or causing a problem on the known 'good' saw when swapped into it?

If that is the case, and because this thread is the perfect candidate for comprehension fails, assumptive farkups and conspiracy theories, I'm calling it thus:

There was more wrong (or finer details about the problem being withheld) but the dealer or Brad doesn't want the world to know about it, either because the former is being rail-roaded by head office to **** about the issue lest word gets out, or the latter either made a basic diagnostic error they are unwilling to admit to or is seeking to profit from the unique info they have garnered in this matter.
No secrets here. Yes, I did swap the coil and wiring harness while trying to diagnose it myself. It didn't help at all. The dealer replaced the coil with the new "upgraded" unit, replaced the wiring harness, and also replaced the little metal ring behind the carb that sets in the mouth of the intake boot. They said it was slightly bent, but I saw nothing that would cause a problem when I was in there. If they did anything else to the saw, then I wasn't told. That's all there is to this story, nothing more.

here are two what I assume are new coils?

dirty one is from the funkysawman 661 - where stihl gave him a coil that wasn't released yet.
reads 1144 4700 E 1511

clean one is off a new 661 I have made (D.O.M) 7/15 and reads 1144 4700 D 1515

I think some of my other 661's had 1144 4700 "C"

anyone able to shed some light on this? thanks

Attachments

• P1220780.JPG
    P1220780.JPG
    700.9 KB · Views: 37
  • P1220781.JPG
    P1220781.JPG
    589.8 KB · Views: 31
Speaking of the boot, the straight boot had no affect on my saw. When vac testing the saw, I found that the straight one collapses far easier than the one with a bellow. I'm leaving the bellow one on my saw. It also facilitates more flex in the saw, should it ever be required of it.

Hahaha!

Yeah, maybe that's the way you would approach matters, but unfortunately, some other folks don't deal in logic, reality, or the notion to do what is right.

A person can't run crying to the moderators that they are being picked, or accused of being a malcontent, and then turn around, and post the discord on another site, then call people names? Wow! You might want to share those thoughts with others.

Just so we're clear, "riff raff, pathetic buddies, and losers" are all names quite a few of us have been called for not going along with the manifesto. In fact there was a post in the unedited version of this thread where a group of my friends were called "losers". I wonder what infraction the offender received?

Name calling is not a good thing,there was an infraction handed out for that post.

Ac
I feel this site thinks it's bigger then it is, and the only game in town wich I'd not the case.
You ban members that attract people like Randymac. Or eccentric hell you banned a ex mod of the site.

All you do when you ban people is drive them to other sites in turn is lowering the sites hits wich makes less $$ for the owners.

Good Day Sir
Actually I didn't ban anyone..

No secrets here. Yes, I did swap the coil and wiring harness while trying to diagnose it myself. It didn't help at all. The dealer replaced the coil with the new "upgraded" unit, replaced the wiring harness, and also replaced the little metal ring behind the carb that sets in the mouth of the intake boot. They said it was slightly bent, but I saw nothing that would cause a problem when I was in there. If they did anything else to the saw, then I wasn't told. That's all there is to this story, nothing more.
Why did you not follow up on here with the fix yourself? Last word from you was that you were going to do whatever it takes to fix it. But not a word from you, a member asked if the problem was solved and another member posted what he thought was the fix.

Why did you not follow up on here with the fix yourself? Last word from you was that you were going to do whatever it takes to fix it. But not a word from you, a member asked if the problem was solved and another member posted what he thought was the fix.
So you feel you were owed something?

Seems to me there was an issue between seller and customer that was resolved, and turned out to not be very interesting and not worth posting about in a thread that had already blown up. I sure as hell wouldn't have posted any more in this thread. As a matter of fact, why the hell am I posting in it?:confused:

It's like a cripple fight I can't look away
I can. I have had enough of the ********...booohooo hooo... My post was deleted.... He started it....NOOOO he started it. I have better thing
So you feel you were owed something?

Seems to me there was an issue between seller and customer that was resolved, and turned out to not be very interesting and not worth posting about in a thread that had already blown up. I sure as hell wouldn't have posted any more in this thread. As a matter of fact, why the hell am I posting in it?:confused:
because your a sucker for drama

i voted no because maybe if they do the competition can get this bs behind them and a little friendly competition never hurt anyone and can help get ideas to make your product better me personally i dont have a ported saw i want the longevity and i do not want to mess up a cylinder or have to do machine work every time something lets go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back