Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No secrets here. Yes, I did swap the coil and wiring harness while trying to diagnose it myself. It didn't help at all. The dealer replaced the coil with the new "upgraded" unit, replaced the wiring harness, and also replaced the little metal ring behind the carb that sets in the mouth of the intake boot. They said it was slightly bent, but I saw nothing that would cause a problem when I was in there. If they did anything else to the saw, then I wasn't told. That's all there is to this story, nothing more.
ta. Did you ask why, in light of what you had already discovered when swapping those parts, their advised repairs worked? Could it be there was nothing wrong with the old coil and harness, just that it didn't mate, wasn't matched properly, with the mtronic or other stuff?
Given your old stuff worked on the other,
good saw, what happens now if you swap the new parts to that known good saw?

Why would, or should it be locked?

As long as offensive post continue to written in Dry Erase, the thread can be amended as it goes along.
I'm looking for input Jon. I do actually take others thoughts into consideration despite popular belief.

:confused: Nope, just curious what the fix was. I do not live on here and do not pay much attention to drama.

I'm looking for input Jon. I do actually take others thoughts into consideration despite popular belief.

Wade,

I read some of your posts on SH. I don't think you have the order of events, context, or subsequent actions in the proper order. Plus, at one time I considered you somewhat of a friend, and someone I was willing to help out. Think back to a little over a year ago........

Here's my input on this thread; leave it be, maybe at some point the questions that have been asked about the specifics of the 661 problems, and the repair will eventually be answered, continued to be ignored, or perhaps there will be another name calling episode with an accusation(s) of people plotting to make someone look bad.

Just out of curiosity, what is the site everyone goes to when they get a time out? I don't look around on other sites enough to know.

As a member that enjoys this place and has for many moons, I hate watching it self destuct with all this over modderation, edited posts, deleted posts, locked and deleted threads, band camp, and over control. Modderation has changed from just that to somthing similar to arbitration where parties involved no longer come to a joint resolution but an enforced arbitrated decision made by a higher authority. All it is doing is turning away members to other platforms where they feel thier treated with dignity. Whats wrong with letting whoever wants to be a jackass be one out in the open for all to see, are we as members to dumb to work out who is being a douch and who's not. If someone wants to be an idiot let them be and after a while they will be treated as one which is far more effective than censorship.

As a member that enjoys this place and has for many moons, I hate watching it self destuct with all this over modderation, edited posts, deleted posts, locked and deleted threads, band camp, and over control. Modderation has changed from just that to somthing similar to arbitration where parties involved no longer come to a joint resolution but an enforced arbitrated decision made by a higher authority. All it is doing is turning away members to other platforms where they feel thier treated with dignity. Whats wrong with letting whoever wants to be a jackass be one out in the open for all to see, are we as members to dumb to work out who is being a douch and who's not. If someone wants to be an idiot let them be and after a while they will be treated as one which is far more effective than censorship.

If ShalomRon were still around he would "like" your post.

Just out of curiosity, what is the site everyone goes to when they get a time out? I don't look around on other sites enough to know.

**** site's!

Lol just kidding o_O or am I? There is a couple other sites but we aren't allowed to post them and they are blocked if we try. Just like **** or "I have a potty mouth".

Viva Fidel!!!:givebeer:

Wade,

I read some of your posts on SH. I don't think you have the order of events, context, or subsequent actions in the proper order. Plus, at one time I considered you somewhat of a friend, and someone I was willing to help out. Think back to a little over a year ago........
It might be a little off IDK, it's how I recelect it, nothing fabricated. If it is off i dont think it changes anything... If you want to point something specific out PM me and we'll chat.
Here's my input on this thread; leave it be, maybe at some point the questions that have been asked about the specifics of the 661 problems, and the repair will eventually be answered, continued to be ignored, or perhaps there will be another name calling episode with an accusation(s) of people plotting to make someone look bad.
That's why I asked. So far leaving it is the majority. Doesn't mean the owners will want it locked... I think part of moderating is getting input from the users...

The same water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's not about the circumstances but what your made of.

I second that. This site isn't anything like it once was. I have only been here a few years and I have seen a major change. It is just like everything else in this reality. "I don't like it, must appeal to authority to ban it, ban ban ban". At one point if a person on here resorted to foul mouthing or name calling it killed their rep, which I feel was a much better system. It only made them look like an idiot and no one would deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back