Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the consensus on a PP Super 380? There's one for sale about an hour from me...looks super clean. Guy is asking less than a hundo...thoughts? I don't really need it, buttttt.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's hard to argue with that haha. I'm traveling this weekend, if it's still available on Tuesday I'll go check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone run into this?

2 Craftsman 3.3's
The parts 3.3 has one ring and looks like chromed bore.
Scored 3.3 has 2 rings and looks like it is a non-chome bore.

Both cylinders look identical but have different #'s on the casting. Both pistons measure 46.5 ( scored piston is hard to get measurement on but real close) Connecting rod lengths look the same length.
Another difference is in the bars - they are stamped with the same #'s and same shape/size but the single ring saw's bar is heavier.

Two more S25's
ade097cf2e42188eaef8a40f451164ad.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I think it would be cool to have all the US variants of the 25's on a couple shelves for display. -- Poulan, Poulan Pro, Craftsman - (red, yellow, blue), Wright, Dayton, Allis Chalmers
No doubt, but that's quite a bit of saws. Would look cool as hell though. Same goes for the 3400-4000 series as well!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I enjoy fixing them and using them, the best part is walking upstairs to my store to get the NOS parts. I am not into displaying the saws really. The parts in original packaging. Yes

I think it would be cool to have all the US variants of the 25's on a couple shelves for display. -- Poulan, Poulan Pro, Craftsman - (red, yellow, blue), Wright, Dayton, Allis Chalmers
I think Mark has this already [emoji4]

Brian

Indeed a lot of variants if you include all the top handles and don't just limit it to the 25's.

I enjoy fixing them and using them, the best part is walking upstairs to my store to get the NOS parts. I am not into displaying the saws really. The parts in original packaging. Yes

I would not leave them on a shelf. Just saying I would like to see them all lined up. Chainsaws are meant to cut wood. Certain ones might not see wood as often as others though. Paintings are meant to be displayed....

Well fellas, this is an odd feeling. I writing this post from my hospital room. :oops: No I didn't dam cut my leg off. LOL I picked up a bad chest cold, last week. It got worse over the weekend. Got no sleep at all Mon. & Tues. Was getting out of breath real easy. Was scary. Got to the point I could only sit in a kitchen chair. If I got up and moved at all, I was gasping for air. Decided to have my sister take me to the ER Wed. morning, but I couldn't make it in the vehicle . So to the trip in the local ambulance to the ER.

Have some Pneumonia, Bronchitis. lung support very weak, my 40+ years of smoking not helping that any. Any way, after all kinds of tests xrays , you name it, they are making some progress. Antibiotics , steroids, etc. Blood is in good shape, Hoping to get out of here tomorrow sometime. Never been in hospital in my life, until now! Its no fun. At least they feed ya well. I would rather be workin on an old Poulan any day. :rolleyes: Had my sister bring my lap top last time, so I could at least look at something familiar..LOL

Gregg,

Well fellas, this is an odd feeling. I writing this post from my hospital room. :oops: No I didn't dam cut my leg off. LOL I picked up a bad chest cold, last week. It got worse over the weekend. Got no sleep at all Mon. & Tues. Was getting out of breath real easy. Was scary. Got to the point I could only sit in a kitchen chair. If I got up and moved at all, I was gasping for air. Decided to have my sister take me to the ER Wed. morning, but I couldn't make it in the vehicle . So to the trip in the local ambulance to the ER.

Have some Pneumonia, Bronchitis. lung support very weak, my 40+ years of smoking not helping that any. Any way, after all kinds of tests xrays , you name it, they are making some progress. Antibiotics , steroids, etc. Blood is in good shape, Hoping to get out of here tomorrow sometime. Never been in hospital in my life, until now! Its no fun. At least they feed ya well. I would rather be workin on an old Poulan any day. :rolleyes: Had my sister bring my lap top last time, so I could at least look at something familiar..LOL

Gregg,

Hope your recovery is quick! Here's a couple jugs for you to look at until you get out.
images
images
:surprised3:

Back