Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to figure out what the squabble is over when everything gets deleted or locked! Then all of a sudden 10+ ppl get to take a bus ride. If its personal outside of the site then it should stay there but if it is about the quality of somes workmanship then I think it should stay. We as the public have a right to know. Like I said I don't know what happened. I just know a group of ppl that I can call friends were gone from here. I don't care if the person is the biggest arsehole with a bad attitude and screws farm animals. If he builds the best saw then that would be where my money would go.

It's a Good Thing you don't care, cause I still think he does. [emoji57]

You forgot birdlegged.

ford backwards driver returns on foot
ford circles the problem in the blue oval
ford is job security to the mechanic

It was my saw. Yes, I was EXTREMELY thankful for that, as it indeed had nothing to do with the mods. Another saw ran perfectly with all of my mods, and my saw had issues even bone stock.
If I understand this correctly, you got the modified 661 sorted under warranty. I was under the impression modifying would void the warranty, even if the fault wasn't caused by the mods. Am I mistaken or perhaps you just have a great relationship with your dealer that allows such warranties to stand? That would be quite a relief to prospective customers I would imagine.

Always
Doesn't
Give
A

Ford, Dodge, Chevy... Does it really matter? I currently have a Dodge Cummins. It's a good truck. My brother has a Duramax. It's a gutless pile of crap, and I hate the way the Allison shifts. I've had a few Chevys, a few Fords, a few Toyotas, a Jeep,.. blah blah blah! Really. Who cares?!!! Now "I have a potty mouth".

Always
Doesn't
Give
A

Ford, Dodge, Chevy... Does it really matter? I currently have a Dodge Cummins. It's a good truck. My brother has a Duramax. It's a gutless pile of crap, and I hate the way the Allison shifts. I've had a few Chevys, a few Fords, a few Toyotas, a Jeep,.. blah blah blah! Really. Who cares?!!! Now "I have a potty mouth".

I have a 91 Dodge cummins that is sitting behind my house with a broken camshaft. Unfortunately one of the timing case bolts dropped between the crank and cam gear while I was driving to work, snapped the gear off right at the front journal. The kicker is that one of the previous owners had taken the time to fix the kdp. I have a p-pump setup I am getting ready to throw in it once I have some more parts gathered up. Needless to say, I stripped the front cover off of it and put copious amounts of loctite on all the bolts lol. I agree though, they all have their problems. Who cares what it is as long as it hauls the wood without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back