Miller Mod Saws and the Echo CS-500P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillerModSaws

USE2COULDBESPONSER!
Reaction score
Well boys I'm gonna put my 2 cents in before I start. This thread is going strong on a couple other forums. As many of you know all of builders got the boot so to speak. However I promised several guys I would do this build thread and I am a man of my word. Unfortunately for this site there most likely won't be to many other builders input on this saw. So your gonna see what gains I get. As this is the first build of this saw for me. That all said enjoy the thread and hopefully we can make a runner of this saw. Here's my guinea pigs. 20151028_114119.jpg

And here the part that sucks.as a builder I enjoy the knowledge that other builders share as they have tried something different. You can always learn something from someone else if your willing to listen. That said here's my first attempt right or wrong I had a descent gain.

This saw has I dome pistion in it and an equally weird combustion chamber. I start by taking .030 off the base and reseting squish to .020" know on this saw I cut my squish band at a 3° angle to accommodate the dome piston. 20160114_122105.jpg

The intake. Well it be weird. It was at 43% width when I started. I opened it up to 55% angling the top corners down to allow for plenty of ring end location cleareance. The main of the intake now opens at roughly 73° tapering quickly to 85°. I call it the superman intake. Lol. 20160115_161732.jpg

The transfers well there a mofo. I could not mtch the intake side trans. ND when I got them ground it left a nasty transfer tunnel. Fortunately on this saw I could pull the covers and fix the tunnels. Couple pics of the ugly tunnels as I progressed!20160114_145758.jpg20160115_132104.jpg

I forgot to the pre exhaust mod pics. But basically I took the deflector off pulled the screen and restrictive tube out of the muffler. Opened the front of the deflector and reinstalled! 20160115_164757.jpg

Latest posts

Back