Installed My Log Lift This Morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are will still crying?... I have no more tears left:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
If your speaking to me, no crying here, just asking of you to consider the way you are handling yourself.
I was not only talking to you in my last post, but others who I feel made disrespectful comments towards you also.
You have been asked to remove the post you made/change the pictures both in this thread and in a PM sent. I also sent a PM to others and one has deleted his disrespectful comments towards you.
If you have nothing to ad to the topic or anything in regards to what we are talking about please remove the previous posts and move on.
It amazes me you can't just add something to the conversation that is positive, when you have a great knowledge base of these things:(.
Once again no crying, just want people to be considerate especially here in a thread that I started.
Thanks everyone,
Brett

I have at least a dozen different buckets or attachments for the loader on my Kubota. Used 2 of them tonight, forks and a snow blade. I have hooks welded onto almost everyone of them and use them a lot too. I have 3 forks on my set of forks, works real handy for picking up firewood rounds ( I cut 32" long rounds) and moving brush. Worked so good I decided to weld a set of grapple arms on it too. Don't be afraid to weld anything onto or scratch up your attachments, they are beauty marks. Haven't got a pic of the 3rd fork but it goes in the middle. I very seldom buy new stuff because I end up cutting it up and rebuilding it anyway. These forks were a new purchase though, price was right.
IMG_20150809_200230.jpg IMG_20150809_200438.jpg IMG_20150814_171435.jpg

I have at least a dozen different buckets or attachments for the loader on my Kubota. Used 2 of them tonight, forks and a snow blade. I have hooks welded onto almost everyone of them and use them a lot too. I have 3 forks on my set of forks, works real handy for picking up firewood rounds ( I cut 32" long rounds) and moving brush. Worked so good I decided to weld a set of grapple arms on it too. Don't be afraid to weld anything onto or scratch up your attachments, they are beauty marks. Haven't got a pic of the 3rd fork but it goes in the middle. I very seldom buy new stuff because I end up cutting it up and rebuilding it anyway. These forks were a new purchase though, price was right.
View attachment 477947 View attachment 477949 View attachment 477951
Thanks cantoo.
Lots of good stuff there. I figure I see new hd buckets for 600 new on craigslist so I don't worry about how pretty the bucket stays either.
Could you show some pictures of some of the attachments, particularly the ones you have built or modified.

Hopefully I can get a nice set like your forks, how do you like those, any advice. You can's see what you are doing with mine and you loose a lot of lifting ability because the weight of the bucket and the load is so far out from the pins.

In used to stouter equipment so they seem rather frail. But they have a higher lifting capacity than the tractor so I'll have to trust them. I won't be using them to fork out any stumps such as I am used to on things like wheel loaders and skid steers.

Hard to see the tips on these sitting normally at the operators station trying to fork a pallet on the ground. But it's not difficult.

I'm glad I purchased them. They, like a FEL, are priceless.

Sent from a field

Thanks.

Thanks and Ill ponder it. I haven't yet devised a way to employ them, yet. Not sure I want to mount any hooks to the bucket and that would be the easiest way to use them.
Hey CF.
I cut up a dead locust that fell across a trail at my place. You can see how I have the hooks welded on the bucket. I could have used two chains but the way I pulled it out I already had the chain on and didn't want to get off the tractor to get the other one or hook it up.
The first picture I had the bucket forks on, hate them but it's what I have right now.20160114_111445.jpg20160114_124207.jpg20160114_124235.jpg20160114_125100.jpg

Yeah... I'm still not sold on hooks on the bucket. I do realize the usefulness...

I think since I have the quick attach.... making up something similar to a short material handler with a safety hook off the end.

More than likely its all just wishful thinking... I'm really not having any issues getting pieces up to the splitter. Kinda like a solution with no problem.

Yeah... I'm still not sold on hooks on the bucket. I do realize the usefulness...

I think since I have the quick attach.... making up something similar to a short material handler with a safety hook off the end.

More than likely its all just wishful thinking... I'm really not having any issues getting pieces up to the splitter. Kinda like a solution with no problem.
That's funny. I was speaking not just in regards to splitter/splitting, but also just overall usefulness, like when we were talking about using the tongs. I like having them there, besides it's not a bad idea to have the answer before a problem comes up, that way I'm not out looking for a solution when it does come up.
Have a great day.

chipper1, I'm likely the last guy to be saying this but I don't like the way you are lifting logs. In your 3rd picture the operator is in the Kill Zone. All it would take for that log to roll backwards down those nice curved loader arms is a small branch or tree buried in the snow. Had 2 neighbours killed doing the same thing with round bales of hay.
Either weld or bolt some stops on the top so the log can't roll. Maybe you were just lifting it straight up but the pic looks dangerous to me.

chipper1, I'm likely the last guy to be saying this but I don't like the way you are lifting logs. In your 3rd picture the operator is in the Kill Zone. All it would take for that log to roll backwards down those nice curved loader arms is a small branch or tree buried in the snow. Had 2 neighbours killed doing the same thing with round bales of hay.
Either weld or bolt some stops on the top so the log can't roll. Maybe you were just lifting it straight up but the pic looks dangerous to me.
Thanks cantoo. I can certainly see what you are saying, and will watch for that in future situations. Seems it was my trick photography that made it look more that way. I have a chain on the left side that still has good tension(hard to see with the snow), that is why the right side is still farther forward. If I had both chains on it I would not have had the bucket tipped so far back.
Good looking out as I don't want to be killed, nor do I want to promote anything unsafe:).

I used to use my ford 1520 to move logs. I made a set of slip in forks for it. Had a decent sized log on it and somehow when I was lifting it up onto the trailer I had the bucket too flat and the log rolled over the edge of the bucket and fell onto the curl cylinders which bent one. Bit of an eye opener for me too. The loader arms on it are more angular and I have a cab so it wouldn't have been able to fall down onto me but I don't need the adrenaline rush anymore.
This picture is the tractor but with the snow blade on it. The bucket was about the same top shape as yours. You can see the new cylinder I made on the right side of the loader. wedding 045.jpg

Through the years I've had a close call or two, or three........ I'd rather not have that happen any more either:).
Nice, I like the skids on the plow. It looks like with them being positioned back that far if you want to keep the plow off the ground you just tip the plow back a bit.
That picture is also making me cold, or it's the fact I just got home from working on a buddies snowblower in 10F and the ice cream is kicking in:cold:

chipper1, yup the skids are a must. I also have a round pipe that fits over the cutting edge so it doesn't dig in on soft ground. Once the ground is frozen I take the pipe off and can scrape clean. It wasn't quick attach on my Ford but it is now on my Kubota. I make up most of my own plates or buy broken equipment and cut them off. Here are a couple of typical auction sale loads for me.
1st load has some real treasures on it. 1. SS snow blade with attachment plate, 2. SS snow blower with a nice heavy plate, with gearbox and a pump. 3. hydraulic oil tank. 4. 10 pieces of 1 1/2"x 3" new steel. On truck. 5. stainless steel tank. 6. 100 plastic folding crates. 7. 2 shop carts. 8. water fountain 9. Cardboard boxes are 2 new industrial vacuums (sold for $500 cash already) 10. Grain auger with hydraulic motor on it 11. 10 sheets of new steel mesh and a bunch of small stuff. I think it was around $450 for the load.
IMG_20150830_122210.jpg
2nd load. Another load of treasures. 1. work bench. 2. 2 dog houses to sell. 3. plastic toolbox for chainsaws. 4. concrete mixer. 5. SS bucket. (cheap) 6. steel work bench. 7. PVC pipe, I used on my homemade OWB lines. 8. There's a Stihl in there somewhere. 056 I think. 9. couple of new trailer tires. This load was under $300.
IMG-20130601-02333.jpg

20150212_144414.jpg 20150304_180827.jpg
Do you have have the skid steer attachment on your loader? I bought the Woods loader for my little Kubota because it had those quick hitch latches. Boy is it sweet to change attachments.
Yes, love it.
Had a pinned bucket on my last one and I knew what I wanted on this one.
Here's a few pictures of my first one. Bought it for 6k and sold it for 6500. I learned a lot with it and with what I wanted/didn't want out of the next one.

Latest posts

Back