Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, how are we doing? Hope you are on the road to recovery with some good antibiotics.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well, I'm still alive & kicking. Got released late Sat. afternoon. Body feels 100% better than the day I went in. Got plenty of meds etc. to deal with, some short term, some long. I still prefer Green chainsaws, so the mind is still functional too! :D

I'm not going to go out and split wood tomorrow, but, it sure is nice to be able to walk, breath, and not feel like your gonna fall in a heap.

Gregg,

3400's ? I have four of those cases and they are getting in my way. Would give them away,if I could. Not worth shipping.

I agree Bob. Never much cared for the carry cases for chainsaws. I do however like scabbards, bar & chain protectors. Never seem to have enough of those. Especially longer ones.

Gregg,

I learn something new everyday. Replacement 5200 air filter tops do not have screw boss to mount bottom
b202255fc4efd5bb52a45d6f89b6c7df.jpg

Never gave it much thought. I guess those on left are replacements? One piece, that don't split to clean. Finding any filters for these saws is better than none.

Gregg,

Good to see you are home and on the mend Gregg.

Thanks Tim! There is no place like home to regroup and get back to something more normal. Living in a hospital room is kinda like a prison cell. Although much nicer food & staff. lol After I ate supper last night, I could hardly keep my eyes open. Havn't slept much at all this week. So went to bed at 7:00 pm. Trouble with that is, I woke up at midnight! So made a pot of coffee and bottled beer the rest of the morning. Needs a few weeks to age & carbonate now yet.

Hopefully can get to tinkering with chainsaws before long. Got another cold snap starting again today way it looks. That always makes whatever your doing more pleasant. :cold: I'll take dull & normal, any day, compared to this last week. ;)

Gregg,

It's a little colder down your way than here. It seems over the last few years you have got colder weather than us. No snow here to speak of. The yard is pretty much bare. We had about 3" at the end of October which lasted two days on the ground and about 2-1/2" last Monday but that's been all.
Not complaining a bit.
Don't over do it until you're all better.

Wow!

I had been watching a Dayton branded 5200 on e-Bay. Was sitting at $132 with about 8 minutes left and took off, ended up selling for $480.09. It was described as non running with 168 # of compression. May be time to sell a 5200 or 2.

I bid on it when it was around $70 haha. I asked the guy a question if he had looked at the piston/cylinder and he said he had to work and didn't have time. He had time to take the top cover off and check the compression though huh. Sounded a bit sketchy to me, hope someone didn't pay that much for a bad top end.

Wow!

I had been watching a Dayton branded 5200 on e-Bay. Was sitting at $132 with about 8 minutes left and took off, ended up selling for $480.09. It was described as non running with 168 # of compression. May be time to sell a 5200 or 2.

I have that on my watch list, haven't checked eBay since Saturday. I knew that it'd go for more $$ than I was willing to spend, but not $480.00! My Dayton badged 245SA was a major eBay sleeper compared to that 5200.

Temperature roll call. 4 degrees here tonight

27° now, 13° forecasted for tonight in NC. Def not as cold as other places, but the wife gonna 'bout die. Guess my wood consumption is going up the next couple days. Lol

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Center of MN right by Mille Lacs lake. The big Lake in the middle right on the MN map. Last winter we had over 10 days below -30. Wood goes fast on those days!

Brian

16cba4ba1e1a41e9b5e90386cafc891a.jpg

Little late night CAD score. Ugly but complete running 3700 with a newer 24" Oregon bar. Couldn't pass it up for $50.
I should have all the parts to pretty it up some. Nice to find a mag clutch cover that isn't broken and a starter working properly.
There's a non running 3800 posted locally for $75, has been for months, and the guy won't budge on price. Also a more recent red/black super clean 3.7 for $80. I think the craftsman may come home too if he'll deal.

Back