Stikkan... kindling cutter. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup, that's what you get when all kids go to college, and have no life experiences, along with someone else doing everything for them...
a solution to a problem that never existed...a hatchet/axe has worked just fine since they were invented...and they do it faster with less effort!

Hate to derail, but I gotta ask... what makes you think going to college = no life experiences?

Hate to derail, but I gotta ask... what makes you think going to college = no life experiences?
this is more directed at the current and upcoming generations that are joining the work force...
I was implying that I believe this particular "tool" was invented by someone that is only "book smart" (likely an engineer) that's been in school for a million years, and still don't know jack ****!
and theres a lot of people like this out there, and many many many more in the current and upcoming generations joining (or trying to join) the work force...the majority of them know nothing but school, and electronics!

this is more directed at the current and upcoming generations that are joining the work force...
I was implying that I believe this particular "tool" was invented by someone that is only "book smart" (likely an engineer) that's been in school for a million years, and still don't know jack ****!
and theres a lot of people like this out there, and many many many more in the current and upcoming generations joining (or trying to join) the work force...the majority of them know nothing but school, and electronics!

Fair enough... just curious as to your reasoning. Ironically I am a mechanical engineer, and I spent 5 years in college chasing a bachelor's and master's degree. At 24 I'm not sure where I fall in your "upcoming generations," but I KNOW where I fall in the life experiences category, and in the workforce category as well. No harm no foul, just caught my eye when I was scrolling through this thread.

To "re"-rail, I personally think this particular device could really only be useful for someone who is physically unable to use a hatchet/axe effectively. Although it does look pretty cool, it appears to be a solution to a problem nobody knew they had.

There are many solutions out there in search of a problem to solve. Nothing particularly unusual about this one in that respect.

Do they even use paper cutters anymore in school?

We got them taken away when I was in the Air Force. Some deal about AFOSH (Air Force OSHA) saying they were dangerous, might cut off your hand.

My argument about that I might slam my fingers in a door, doors are danergous, let's remove them got the "shut up and color"

Yea...just about a tear jerker! :rolleyes:
I'd like to see their reaction with a fireplace full of osage orange splits laying on top of that kindling!!:laugh:
you can get osage orange bundles from Walmart? thanks good to know... ohh never mind, from the looks of them, I would guess they cut all their own firewood? :yes:

you can get osage orange bundles from Walmart? thanks good to know... ohh never mind, from the looks of them, I would guess they cut all their own firewood? :yes:
I don't believe that there is any osage orange(?) or Walmarts anywhere in the country of Sweden, so... o_O. Also, in my opinion, he is doing OK in the way of women!

An estwing fireside friend would work great for making kindling. I bought one but the first time I used it, I envisioned my fingers flying off, experienced a full body shiver and then gave it to a buddy of mine at the first convenient moment. LOL

Fair enough... just curious as to your reasoning. Ironically I am a mechanical engineer, and I spent 5 years in college chasing a bachelor's and master's degree. At 24 I'm not sure where I fall in your "upcoming generations," but I KNOW where I fall in the life experiences category, and in the workforce category as well. No harm no foul, just caught my eye when I was scrolling through this thread.

To "re"-rail, I personally think this particular device could really only be useful for someone who is physically unable to use a hatchet/axe effectively. Although it does look pretty cool, it appears to be a solution to a problem nobody knew they had.
BRAVO!
Education is not taboo...I'm 54 and back in College, loving it, and kicking a#@ academically 3.66 GPA, Honor Society/Cum Laude graduate...tons of great life experiences & retired from the workforce...I've been granted a 2nd opportunity to finish school on someone else's dime (GI Bill) & embrace a life long dream of finishing College!:happybanana:Nothing wrong with book smarts AND common sense!!:yes:

An estwing fireside friend would work great for making kindling. I bought one but the first time I used it, I envisioned my fingers flying off, experienced a full body shiver and then gave it to a buddy of mine at the first convenient moment. LOL
I've been using the Estwing Fireside Friend for years...coupled with a 4lb small sledge in the other hand to drive it with, makes short work of kindling.

Latest posts

Back