Bar oil prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to buy a pretty good supply of bar oil when it was cheap.
The price now is outrageous.
Do you think prices will drop now that oil prices have gotten back to a reasonable level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop complaining people: I pay €5.80 for a 2 liter can at the consortium and that's really cheap by local standards. On a capacity basis, bigger containers are slighter cheaper but I prefer the convenience of smaller containers.

Back about 1993 a regional home center filed bankruptcy and liquidated their inventory. They had bar oil for $.99 a gallon, I filled a shopping cart with what they had and it lasted me several years.

Ye0 I bought 10 gals of the FVP brand bar oil. Now menards sells the "Cam2" brand for the same price. I've never tried the cam2 stuff and wonder if it's thin like fvp?

It's thicker than the FVP stuff with good tactifier, it's a good winter oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop complaining people: I pay €5.80 for a 2 liter can at the consortium and that's really cheap by local standards. On a capacity basis, bigger containers are slighter cheaper but I prefer the convenience of smaller containers.

I am with you. I find Americans complaining about fuel/oil prices rather cute. I know Europe has it worse than Canada too...

When bar oil hit $10 a gallon here I switched to Canola for $5 a gallon at WinCo or WalMart. Works great, and if I spill any the dog just licks it up! No gum up, no chain stretch, no problems.
Had to find a full length bar cover for the 32" on dolly, because was worried the dog was going to cut his tongue. Here, canola is about NZ$50/20L, so I guestimate that's about $6 a gallon?

When bar oil hit $10 a gallon here I switched to Canola for $5 a gallon at WinCo or WalMart. Works great, and if I spill any the dog just licks it up! No gum up, no chain stretch, no problems.

Canola oil is presently €15/4 liter here. :eek:
Ever since diesel was mandated to be 5% "bio" prices have shot into the stratosphere and beyond. It's deeply irnoic bar oil is actually cheaper on a per liter basis than chips oil!

What is considered expensive? Walmart has it for $9 something a gal and I thought that was a darn good price.

Latest posts

Back