Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I you guys have on demand check out the Science Channel's "Machines: How they work" Episode Air Date 1/28/16. The beginning of the show is on chainsaws. Unfortunately, it does not feature our fantastic Green saws but is still really cool.

Amazing I can't sell a fully functional 3400 for $100.00 but I can sell a rear handle for 40.00 and a starter housing for $25

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Blasphemy! People don't have a damn lick of sense! You couldn't hardly get a clapped out creamsicle in 50+cc for anywhere close to that...

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Amazing I can't sell a fully functional 3400 for $100.00 but I can sell a rear handle for 40.00 and a starter housing for $25

Some people consider the 3400 to be relatively common, & hold on to their money for a 3700, esp when you're talking a $100.00.

IMO, one couldn't find a more reliable firewood saw for the money anywhere than one such as you are selling. Solid mag case, decent power, easy to work on.... Properly maintained, easy to get another 10-15 yrs out of it. Pretty solid ROI there...

What's absolutely retarded... Makes me bang my head... A good buddy of mine wants me to find him a bow saw. But he only wants a Stihl or a Husky. I found him a running 4000 in great shape with a bow on it for $250 i believe. Couldn't get him to bite on it for nothing. Deep down he knew it was a great saw based off my opinion and history with them but jokingly called it a boat anchor, i guess to make himself feel better, and said he couldn't let himself be seen cutting with anything not orange. Said his dad and uncle would give him too much hell for it. It's a shame really...lol

IMO, one couldn't find a more reliable firewood saw for the money anywhere than one such as you are selling. Solid mag case, decent power, easy to work on.... Properly maintained, easy to get another 10-15 yrs out of it. Pretty solid ROI there...

Yup I sell them to my friends all day long and they come back after using it and say yup bad azz

What's absolutely retarded... Makes me bang my head... A good buddy of mine wants me to find him a bow saw. But he only wants a Stihl or a Husky. I found him a running 4000 in great shape with a bow on it for $250 i believe. Couldn't get him to bite on it for nothing. Deep down he knew it was a great saw based off my opinion and history with them but jokingly called it a boat anchor, i guess to make himself feel better, and said he couldn't let himself be seen cutting with anything not orange. Said his dad and uncle would give him too much hell for it. It's a shame really...lol

Tell him paint it Orange and be done with it, just keep the Poulan stickers covered while painting and tell him to tell them its the bad @$$ model from Canada.

Steve

It's a shame what has happened to the Poulan name. When people see green all they think about is the elux saws. I know a few years ago that is all green meant to me. Now I'm to the point where I wouldn't mind adding one or two to the collection, after consulting one of the Poulan gurus @fossil

I hate to tell you but I am far from a Poulan Guru. Refer to Modified Mark. He can teach you alot.

The move by ELUX may be sour for the fans of the saws they completely abandoned but the fact is, the only growing segment of the chainsaw world is the lowly homeowner saw.
Ill bet that the best selling saw in that segment is the Poulan. It still outshines the crappy homeowner saws that Stihl builds and the Husky homeowner saws are just Poulans.
Well cared for, they can last for years and have very good power for what they cost. Maybe not for this group, but they sure have a huge following.

Too bad we'll never see the real Poulan 6000 built on the same chassis as the 4200 - 8500 saws. That would have been a ripper.

They had some very good engineers at Poulan and they built many cutting edge and durable saws over the years. (That's for the new guys as those that have them already know that).

76f9936aa4e8fe65c692151a0cc1f034.jpg
got a presure /vacuum gauge nothing fancy ,sorta cheap one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just thought I would chime in on the saw cleaning discussion.

There are a couple things I like to do in the way of maintenance or preventative cleaning on the saws. This is my non-compressed air version. I always aim to bring home a clean saw after a good session. A few times throughout the day I wipe the saws off with a rag and WD-40. I also bring a small corn broom whisk as it is great at flinging off the crap under and around the spikes and covers without breaking the saw down. The WD-40 is a really good solvent and gets the pitch off before it sets up. I also pre-spay the front of the case and bumper spikes as the fine pitchy dust will cake on and harden like epoxy if left.

Once home the A/F covers come off and I give the whole saw a quick shop vac - takes all of 30 s. If the bar and covers are still pitched up, I spray the saw with WD and let it sit for a day or until I use the saw again and wipe it down.

Other than cleaning the jug fins on occasion, the saws are easy to maintain and are pleasant to display. After a day in the bush, it is nice to only have to spend a min or so to get the saw on the shelf and looking as good as before you took it out.

76f9936aa4e8fe65c692151a0cc1f034.jpg
got a presure /vacuum gauge nothing fancy ,sorta cheap one

The plug adapter is the item g salvage told me about... and had tygon laying around, red barn wants 110 for this buying the 2 separately was a total of 60 dollars

Latest posts

Back