Anyone else miss the blue exhaust smoke!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banditt007

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
With all these FC/FD/EGD certified oils the exhaust smoke cold is not too much at all. Once warmed up and tuned right its basically non existent. I do enjoy the new oil for keeping the engines well lubed/minimal gunk build up/easier on the lungs ext, but doesn't anyone else miss laying clouds of blue smoke down wind while sawing? I know I do!

Wondering if there are oils out there that lube well, minimal carbon build up, resist internal rusting and so on, but have some nice exhaust smoke. Basically all the benefits of the newest FD/EGD rated oils but with smoke!

....you can also say i'm crazy, thats ok too.....

nope, dont miss that at all. My old Remington Might Mite will still belch nice smoke when i use it from time to time.. and a muffler to wake the next county over.

i doubt you'll find many who miss that smoke... but hey... we all have our vice.

Run an old sled to get your blue smoke fix. There's nothing else like the first start of the day.

I like where your heads at! I have a 2002 Polaris 800 RMK, still on the 3rd tank after a complete rebuild. I mix 50:50 avgas to our crappy unleaded, have the oiler turned up just a tad, and still pour in a good dollop of VES to make sure the break in is gentle. She does smoke some, but once warmed up it doesn't.
A few summers ago my wife was watching me as I pulled my sno-suit out of a tote and was smelling it (last time I let her in the garage), she thought I had lost my mind. I told here smelling it was like bringing winter back, that 'ol 2-stroke smoke smell. Rolled her eyes.

If I want to fog for mosquitoes, I fire up the Homelite 770 G with 1 pint 30W non-detergent to the gallon. That'll do it!

I got a puff and a whiff of old school 2 stroke today from one of the saws. I guess I never really paid attention to the fact that the new oil is cleaner. I do miss the smell now that you brought it up. My truck is the same way, no smoke and you can't even get a hint of diesel being burned like an old school bus. I don't miss the smell but I hate all the EPA stuff on my truck.

Get yourself a bottle of this. It still lays it down pretty good.
MCO_2T2-Stroke.jpg

A good old Lawnboy mixed a little rich does the trick.

They were made in my home town and everybody had one, in the 70's and 80's. The smell of two stroke o.p.e. always reminds me of my childhood!

I Love the smell of 2 cycle exhaust and fresh cut grass in the morning.

Pipe your saw and it will leave a haze no matter what oil n mix you have
Oh yeah not to mention, had my pipe off recently and no carbon build up in the exhaust port. Guess if you have a cheep saw pipe it and you get the smoke,sound and turn heads

Back