Woodsman experts enter please. De-rated power message

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dichrixon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys. My crane crew runs a 790 grapple chipper with the 375 horse John Deere. We have been getting a "de-rated power" message with a trouble code for "variable geometry turbocharger mismatch". Any of you guys run into this before? I'm trying to save my crew from having to run the Vermeer bc2000 while the Woodsman is at the Deere shop.

Thanks!

Probably 1 of 2 things, either the actuator is sticking/bad or the VGT portion of the turbo sticking. Unhook the actuator and operate the VGT and see if it operates smoothly. Not sure what the setup looks like, probably still under warranty. If you want to look at it just don't make any adjustments to the actuator because you wont be able to re-calibrate the 2 together yourself.

You can also call the service department of a John Deere dealership and they can tell you what the issue is as well. I know on some of the wood chippers we work on, it has a Murphy display and there will be a code. Make sure you have the code before calling.

Back