Miller Mod Saws and the Echo CS-500P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gone for a few months , when I came back alot of the threads I was watching were locked or had gone terribly off track. I don't know what happened to make the owner pull the builders off the sponsor list. Or what caused so many to be banned or leave. I wish I knew. Would someone care to enlighten me on here or by pm. I miss all of the build threads and the failure threads. I love a good brain teaser. I also wish I knew what this "other forum" everyone is talking about. I do see how someone could get irritated having someone call em out over rpms. I think I would trust a tach that is at the location over a program listening to a video. Please keep the threads going that we all enjoy without all of the opinions that are upsetting so many people.

:surprised3::dizzy::laugh:. I ran a ported 7910 Carl massaged. It was an awesome saw to say the least. Im pretty sure it had no problem turning 11000+ in 28" wood and well beyond in smaller

I agree, he took care of my 7900's cylinder, and the saw is a beast. I can't wait to have wood big enough tu bury the bar and make some vids!
And all that may very well be the case, as he made very good gains with this saw. But why do you feel that is relevant, and where did I or anyone say anything negative about his abilities to build a saw? A 7900/7910 is not a 500P.

RPM in the cut is not as important as cut speed, but if I had made a claim that was clearly erroneous I'd want to be informed so I could correct it. If you actually read the comment I made, that is all that happened. There was no personal attack, no malice or insult or anything implied about his abilities. I just told him what the real numbers were. Initially I figured it was a typo so I checked. All the rest of this hysterics is just the typical nonsense that's been going on here for years, and all of it has only served to make a mountain out of mole hill.

Hell, we've even got Jon1212 in here now making his usual "contribution" and confirming he still doesn't like me (which I take as a complement, considering the source).

Clearly the consensus is that any claim should just be accepted no matter how wild.

And all that may very well be the case, as he made very good gains with this saw. But why do you feel that is relevant, and where did I or anyone say anything negative about his abilities to build a saw? A 7900/7910 is not a 500P.

RPM in the cut is not as important as cut speed, but if I had made a claim that was clearly erroneous I'd want to be informed so I could correct it. If you actually read the comment I made, that is all that happened. There was no personal attack, no malice or insult or anything implied about his abilities. I just told him what the real numbers were. Initially I figured it was a typo so I checked. All the rest of this hysterics is just the typical nonsense that's been going on here for years, and all of it has only served to make a mountain out of mole hill.

Hell, we've even got Jon1212 in here now making his usual "contribution" and confirming he still doesn't like me (which I take as a complement, considering the source).

Clearly the consensus is that any claim should just be accepted no matter how wild.
Man u have some kind of insecure issues goin on here? Something is bothering u personally? I read all of Carl's threads and respect him and his work and I was stating what I know to be true on his behalf. Please dont try and drag me in this wagon load of nonsense and crap as I was only here to read his thread. Why not just stop and let it rest or die? Do u have to be right ?

Can we just agree that you disagree and move on to some technical information. I feel like the threads containing the lower end saws will attract more of the new people that may just be having trouble with these saws. A good thread containing a good builder with good information will go a long ways with getting new members and entertainment for the more seasoned members and builders too. Not everyone has or will ever own some of these high end big cc auto tune saws so I enjoy the builds on the more common cheap saws. Please continue this thread for us guys that are just motor heads and love reading about how to make em run like they should.

I am not talking about any one person or pointing fingers just asking politely to have good dialogue continue with the technical info I crave.

Man u have some kind of insecure issues goin on here? Something is bothering u personally? I read all of Carl's threads and respect him and his work and I was stating what I know to be true on his behalf. Please dont try and drag me in this wagon load of nonsense and crap as I was only here to read his thread. Why not just stop and let it rest or die? Do u have to be right ?
Say what? You jump in to defend Carl's honor (which no one has maligned) and then say not to drag you into it and proceed to take personal shots at me. I did not treat you that way. You dragged yourself into it and your own rudeness and disrespect are entirely your responsibility.

Do you guys even read what's posted, or do you just start throwing punches, enjoying the brawl? Much of what's being said here is irrelevant, untrue, and said simply to stir up trouble. Again jon1212, you continue to prove my point. You guys come over to AS, wine and cry and stir up crap, then run off and talk about all the crap on AS. It's ridiculous. You guys are the primary contributors to all this crap. Get over yourself already.

Say what? You jump in to defend Carl's honor (which no one has maligned) and then say not to drag you into it and proceed to take personal shots at me. I did not treat you that way. You dragged yourself into it and your own rudeness and disrespect are entirely your responsibility.
Sorry man. No problems from me

I do read what is posted and this is what I have read:
Post#92 Chris -PA stated that not much more than 9,500-10k in the cut could be attained due to carb size.
Post#93 Carl(MillerModSaws) states that these are maintaining 11,600-11,800 rpm in the cut.
Post#94 Chris tells us all that Carl is wrong and they are only running 9,500-10k. I think this is where the problems started for this thread, anyway.
Post#96 Chris states again that "it's obvious" these saws are not turning as fast as Carl's tachs read, so that seems like Chris is either calling Carl a liar or that he doesn' t know what he is doing.
Just my two cents, fellas.

The real question is how many tanks of fuel has been through the saws? Echo is known to be slow to break inn. 5 plus tanks then they will start to free up 10 plus tanks and ur in good

I do read what is posted and this is what I have read:
Post#92 Chris -PA stated that not much more than 9,500-10k in the cut could be attained due to carb size.
Post#93 Carl(MillerModSaws) states that these are maintaining 11,600-11,800 rpm in the cut.
Post#94 Chris tells us all that Carl is wrong and they are only running 9,500-10k. I think this is where the problems started for this thread, anyway.
Post#96 Chris states again that "it's obvious" these saws are not turning as fast as Carl's tachs read, so that seems like Chris is either calling Carl a liar or that he doesn' t know what he is doing.
Just my two cents, fellas.
Spot on Ron. And know you will be accused of being a shyt stirred.

Really? You won't get the later without the first.
They are related but the cut time result it what matters most.

The rpm is going to be a balance between the power delivery curve of the engine vs. the load that it on it. High rpm might mean no load or lots of power. Low rpm might mean no power or high load. You can't look at the rpm alone and tell if it is cutting fast, but you can look at the cut time and tell.

so that seems like Chris is either calling Carl a liar or that he doesn' t know what he is doing.
Because it is completely inconceivable that someone might have made an error, even if they are a good and capable porter and a fine upstanding guy? Or maybe it is just a lot more fun to make everything out to be a drama fest?

Spot on Ron. And know you will be accused of being a shyt stirred.
You found a shoe that fit?

Can I try to play moderator here without the masses coming down on me? Put the emotions aside and you'll see this for what it is.

Chris did not say that this saw cannot or won't turn over 11K in the cut, he simple said it wasn't in that first video. A second video was posted demonstrating that it will. Play the two videos at the same time. Tell me what you hear. It's clear that the saw is turning way more RPMs in the second video.

RPMs in the cut is highly subjective to the load put on the saw, whether it be from down force applied by the operator, or by cutting bigger wood. This here is simply a demonstration of that.

If we can put our emotions aside, the facts are obvious. This saw is clearly capable of turning over 11K with a light load in small wood. This is why I demonstrate a saw across it's powerband, showing it with light, medium, and heavy loads.

Several of you guys are simply here for the fight. You're doing nothing to contribute to this thread, to AS, or to Miller Mod Saws. You are not doing him a service by antagonizing the situation. Step back and let it go.

Please re-read this post. It's VERY simple to explain the misunderstanding here, if people would just put their emotions aside. I totally understand why he was upset at first. I likely would have been too. However, Chris was NOT calling him a liar. Re-read what he wrote if you need to. You're putting words in his mouth that he did not say and made effort to avoid.

Do you guys even read what's posted, or do you just start throwing punches, enjoying the brawl? Much of what's being said here is irrelevant, untrue, and said simply to stir up trouble. Again jon1212, you continue to prove my point. You guys come over to AS, wine and cry and stir up crap, then run off and talk about all the crap on AS. It's ridiculous. You guys are the primary contributors to all this crap. Get over yourself already.

Brad,

I made no mention of you in any way shape, or form. I actually thought a few of your posts were "spot on". I took exception to many of the comments made by the B of D (Chris PA), as he is continuing to do the same things that you seem to find so loathesome. Also, I don't see where you have any reason to say, "you guys come over to AS", when I'm here quite often reading technical, interesting, or often humorous threads?

Geez Brad, quit acting like you, and your ilk own the place, and get over it. I guess when you made your post about "can I play moderator for a minute" you forgot to relinquish your pretend crown.

The real question is how many tanks of fuel has been through the saws? Echo is known to be slow to break inn. 5 plus tanks then they will start to free up 10 plus tanks and ur in good
I've got a 500 that is approaching 50 tanks or so..
These saws don't "wake up" once broke in..
Very low rpm saws stock.
But super light and handy..

Latest posts

Back