Miller Mod Saws and the Echo CS-500P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chris-PA, I think your being too insistant on things that are your opinion. You're entitled to your opinion and have the right to post it but you and others are arguing and its detracting from the intent of the thread. Please disengage from the current arguenent or you (and possibly others) will be removed from this thread.
You may be correct. However, please let me ask a couple questions.

Where is all the bickering and fighting coming from. I suggest to you that it is not coming from Chris. Those that are stirring up the crap in this thread are doing nothing to help you or to support AS. They are trouble causing detractors, serving only to pull this site down.

Why then is the focus put on Chris? Why not deal with the root of the problem? I know you guys have a tough, thankless job. But isn't enough enough. We're sick of this crap.

Hi clint!
I've moved on but I can't help myself. I know this next video really sucks for quality. However 1 of my 2-11 year old sons loves this saw. Which made the build worth it. These saws are light nimble and make an 11 year old wear a big grin as they can handle them very easily!

That's fantastic! You took a weak and anemic little saw and made a great runner out of it. Nice job on that saw. It's just that much better that your son gets to enjoy it.

You may be correct. However, please let me ask a couple questions.

Where is all the bickering and fighting coming from. I suggest to you that it is not coming from Chris. Those that are stirring up the crap in this thread are doing nothing to help you or to support AS. They are trouble causing detractors, serving only to pull this site down.

Why then is the focus put on Chris? Why not deal with the root of the problem? I know you guys have a tough, thankless job. But isn't enough enough. We're sick of this crap.

Holy smokes! You are either delusional, or blinded by your preconceived notions, or possibly both.

You brought my name up earlier, threw out your so typical "you guys" bullcrap, Chris implied that Carl was wrong, and misleading, even though he later did the patented Franklin Ohio back pedal, and he called Matt stupid. Hmm? I wonder where all of the trouble in this thread stemmed from?

Keep stirring the pot, Brad.

Hi clint!
I've moved on but I can't help myself. I know this next video really sucks for quality. However 1 of my 2-11 year old sons loves this saw. Which made the build worth it. These saws are light nimble and make an 11 year old wear a big grin as they can handle them very easily!

Looks good Carl! Sounds to me like it's turning at least 11,276 rpms.

But where's your engineering degree carl??

What about the cool looking, colorful snapshot of your computer screen?

The red is where you're crawfishin'.. Cause you said 9500-10,000 in your post.
The blue is where you project fault of the inaccuracy of your findings and Carl's reaction to said findings back on to Carl for be annoyed at your obnoxious behavior...

So in other words...
Eh..
Never mind.

Carry on...

Tell me that to my face ..

I dare ya..

Coward....

You are a true internet hero..
I'm only a troll because I pointed out your post as obnoxious..
And you didn't like it..
Sorry buttercup..
Just called it like I saw it..

This place is a joke,I'll see you on the good forum carl.

It's impossible to learn if you already know everything and this place has far to many know it all's.

The biggest majority of the people on here have no idea what a strong saw is or how to build one. Think about it when you need some timing numbers for the hunk of **** your building and there's no one to help you.

Brad didn't realize you became a moderator.

You're digging your hole deeper buttercup..
Put the shovel down.

I got yer back buttercup...

Good grief! You sure do like to accuse lots of folks of whining, and being a troll. Looks like you certainly do quite a bit of that which you find so reprehensible.

You are by far one of the biggest keyboard commando pussies I've witnessed on AS. All talk, talk, talk, talk. You should run one of your E.E. programs to find out why you are such a hypocritical tool bag.
View attachment 483310

Nada mucho, Matt.

I really like the ignore feature over here on AS. It works very well, and I highly recommend its use for anyone looking to free themselves from that bag of dicks, known as Chris PA.

Brad,

I made no mention of you in any way shape, or form. I actually thought a few of your posts were "spot on". I took exception to many of the comments made by the B of D (Chris PA), as he is continuing to do the same things that you seem to find so loathesome. Also, I don't see where you have any reason to say, "you guys come over to AS", when I'm here quite often reading technical, interesting, or often humorous threads?

Geez Brad, quit acting like you, and your ilk own the place, and get over it. I guess when you made your post about "can I play moderator for a minute" you forgot to relinquish your pretend crown.

I hope Carl and the other builders move on to 'Ovaries, Pussies, and Estrogen forum,' as Chris PA so cleverly called it, and leave this ******** behind.

I believe Jonathan has a firm grasp of the English language, and I'm sure that he read all of the posts which were quoted, and fully understood the literal, and implied, meanings of those posts...

I'm willing to bet you'd probably drop a piano on your mom if it meant you could somehow blame it on Jonathan, Randy, Clint, the 'Riff Raff', or the 'ilk' who come over from the 'other forums' to 'stir up crap.' I recently read a post where somone said that (and I'm paraphrasing), 'It's just too bad 10 or 15 of those 'outsiders' just can't be 'done away with...' :rolleyes:

To quote the most troublesome troublemaker of all, "It's ridiculous," and, "get over yourself already."

Holy smokes! You are either delusional, or blinded by your preconceived notions, or possibly both.

You brought my name up earlier, threw out your so typical "you guys" bullcrap, Chris implied that Carl was wrong, and misleading, even though he later did the patented Franklin Ohio back pedal, and he called Matt stupid. Hmm? I wonder where all of the trouble in this thread stemmed from?

Keep stirring the pot, Brad.
This is trolling and is what is wrong with this site. As long as this kind of destructive behaviour is allowed, nothing will change. Think I'm wrong? Just consider how Randy is moderating the new forum. He's constantly reminding you guys to treat each other with respect. Why the double standard? That's how it should be here as well. If that were practiced, we wouldn't have these problems, plain and simple.

This is trolling and is what is wrong with this site. As long as this kind of destructive behaviour is allowed, nothing will change. Think I'm wrong? Just consider how Randy is moderating the new forum. He's constantly reminding you guys to treat each other with respect. Why the double standard? That's how it should be here as well. If that were practiced, we wouldn't have these problems, plain and simple.
Treat others with respect? It has to go both ways. You can't blame one side of the argument.

Brad,

Why don't you "quote" the posts that garnered those responses?

If you would like to talk about "double standards" we can go down that road, but I don't think you would like some of those skeletons coming out of that closet.

Respect is earned, and usually not by myopic, hypocritical, delusional regurgitators.

Did you learn nothing from TonyK's post to you last week?

Just keep stirring, Brad.

Good grief, I certainly never thought, said or implied you were lying. Quite frankly it's pretty obvious just from listening that saw is not turning over 11,000rpm under load, and the fancy computer system is just an audio spectrum plot. It's a shame a simple technical discussion gets someone so upset.

You did a good job getting what you did out of that saw given the starting point, it's just that it isn't magic and there are still limitations to the design (primarily the carb), as you have recognized and was clear from the beginning. What did you expect from it?

Nothing I posted was intended to make you mad or be malicious - in fact it took me some effort to download your file, run it through the software, take a screenshot and post it. Getting a saw to run under load at over 11,000k isn't easy, and when you can hear that it isn't holding revs (as even you pointed out), it's reasonable to be skeptical.

It was difficult to get a good reading with the short bursts and not being able to see the cut. Judging by the chips starting at about 23s I figured that was when you were cutting. I looked at each of the 3 2sec cuts and they were all about the same at 11,600rpm:

View attachment 483030

Was each of those a complete cut? What diameter was that wood?

Gee, was this thread about you, or are you just on loan for whining and crying? What I wrote was perfectly clear, but apparently you're as dumb as you are are thin skinned - or maybe you understood it just fine but are intentionally twisting what I wrote?

Pi$$ off.

You and I will likely never meet, as I have a full and busy life and butt hurt internet trolls are not high on my priority list. But if we did and you behaved in person as poorly as you do behind your keyboard I'd tell you exactly what I thought of you to your face. You'd then be welcome to do something stupid.

Don't you have somewhere else to go whine and cry about your hurt feelings? I don't care about you or what you think in the least.

Oh no, don't hide the good timing numbers! Such drama! Is this what it's always like over at Ovaries, Pussies and Estrogen?

What's pathetic is that no one was rude, disrespectful, unpleasant, or unkind to Carl in this entire thread. Rather he was complemented on doing some interesting mods and making a capable saw out of something with conaiderable limitations. But when I refuted (simply and without any personal attack) his over exuberant claims of 11,800rpm under load in that video, well then did we have tears and stamping of feet. Then the muscle showed up to ridicule and intimidate and try to parse sentances looking for a gotcha (as if I cared), and I was the big meannie.

Yet if Brad had posted a vid claiming 11.8k under load and I showed it didn't get over 10k I'd have been everyone's friggin' hero and the whining and crying would have been epec.

Here's the reality: every experienced porter over here crying that watches/listens to that video knows damn well it's not turning 11.8k in those cuts.

What are you jabbering about? When did I ever say anything about you? I've never even heard of you.

Aww gee sweetheart, thanks for the friendly advice. Good to know you've got my best intrests in mind.

Go ahead and quote the part where I called anyone a liar. And when you cannot, let's see if you are man enough to appologize.

It's a WT in the largest size they made them - there's a lot of variations in shafts and main nozzle outlets but they're all kinda simiar. You could hog it out some like the one you did, but there are limits to that. I have never done that.

The RedMax G5000 was a 50cc saw that used a WT. The Chinese make a lot of clones of these, some up to 62cc. In conversations with Nenicu he found that the larger ones had a bigger carb. I have not seen what they did but perhaps that is an avenue to explore for a larger WT substitute.

And all that may very well be the case, as he made very good gains with this saw. But why do you feel that is relevant, and where did I or anyone say anything negative about his abilities to build a saw? A 7900/7910 is not a 500P.

RPM in the cut is not as important as cut speed, but if I had made a claim that was clearly erroneous I'd want to be informed so I could correct it. If you actually read the comment I made, that is all that happened. There was no personal attack, no malice or insult or anything implied about his abilities. I just told him what the real numbers were. Initially I figured it was a typo so I checked. All the rest of this hysterics is just the typical nonsense that's been going on here for years, and all of it has only served to make a mountain out of mole hill.

Hell, we've even got Jon1212 in here now making his usual "contribution" and confirming he still doesn't like me (which I take as a complement, considering the source).

Clearly the consensus is that any claim should just be accepted no matter how wild.

Say what? You jump in to defend Carl's honor (which no one has maligned) and then say not to drag you into it and proceed to take personal shots at me. I did not treat you that way. You dragged yourself into it and your own rudeness and disrespect are entirely your responsibility.

They are related but the cut time result it what matters most.

The rpm is going to be a balance between the power delivery curve of the engine vs. the load that it on it. High rpm might mean no load or lots of power. Low rpm might mean no power or high load. You can't look at the rpm alone and tell if it is cutting fast, but you can look at the cut time and tell.

Because it is completely inconceivable that someone might have made an error, even if they are a good and capable porter and a fine upstanding guy? Or maybe it is just a lot more fun to make everything out to be a drama fest?

You found a shoe that fit?

When? Where? Quote it. Especially from this thread other than giving back to Hedgerow and others the same crap they threw.

When? Where? Quote me doing that.

Or maybe you're just being arrogant, condescending and mocking in presuming to be the spokesman for "people" and making accusations you cannot back up.

This is NOT trolling, and is NOT what's wrong with this forum. This is a man that presented some evidence and is trying to have an intelligent conversation. Instead he it's met by internet bullies that show total disregard for facts and intentions.

I just asked you a question if that's trolling that's your opinion. All I can say is I feel I'm keeping good company. Oh you never did answer my simple question. :(
Your question wasn't really a question and didn't deserve a response, just like this doesn't. You're trolling, nothing else. You have nothing to contribute.

ALL of you guys crack me up. i cant' believe ANY of you can get this worked up over a friggin chainsaw. the OP started this thread out to be informative for those of us that would like to learn or at least watch a guy that knows a bunch about saws. for all the people saying the OP is wrong or whatever i'll be watching for your build thread to be posted soon. nice job on the build Carl even if it was an echo. just kidding.
IN BEFORE THE LOCK

This is NOT trolling, and is NOT what's wrong with this forum. This is a man that presented some evidence and is trying to have an intelligent conversation. Instead he it's met by internet bullies that show total disregard for facts and intentions.
Can't speak for intentions Brad..
Kenneth is not, nor ever will be, a troll or bully of any kind.
If you think that's the case, then you would be mistaken.

Would you like a pair of tights?

Back