Miller Mod Saws and the Echo CS-500P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made a specific claim about the accuracy of the rpm reading I provided. I asked you to back it up and you are unable. The rest of this is just more of the floundering of a BSer who's been called out.
I'll back it up! Carl said its turning a certain RPM which came from a tach attached to the saw. I'll take that any day over your bullsh!t software

I'll back it up! Carl said its turning a certain RPM which came from a tach attached to the saw. I'll take that any day over your bullsh!t software
Well, that clears that up! I think we did that about 12 pages ago.

Now go watch the video again. Where is Carl looking? He's looking at the damn saw in the wood, just like he should be. Where is that tach? Is it taped to the saw? How often does he look at the tach? How accurate does the manufacturer claim the tach is, and is that with a varying rpm or a constant one?

The technique I used (and described last July) is not something I invented, rather it is something so routine and common it is boring, used in all manner of science and engineering on a daily basis. It's a tool, one you can chose to use or ignore, I could care less. The advantages are that you can look at the rpm over time, for varying lengths of time and at varying portions of the cut as you chose. Which allows you to keep your eyes on the cut where they're supposed to be.

Now go watch the video again. Where is Carl looking? He's looking at the damn saw in the wood, just like he should be. Where is that tach? Is it taped to the saw? How often does he look at the tach? How accurate does the manufacturer claim the tach is, and is that with a varying rpm or a constant one?

The technique I used (and described last July) is not something I invented, rather it is something so routine and common it is boring, used in all manner of science and engineering on a daily basis. It's a tool, one you can chose to use or ignore, I could care less. The advantages are that you can look at the rpm over time, for varying lengths of time and at varying portions of the cut as you chose. Which allows you to keep your eyes on the cut where they're supposed to be.
Glad I could clear that up for ya

You just won't stop defending something that you can't substantiate. The accuracy on a tach is typically +-2% and I can assure you your software is not even close.

For the 5th time, What is your degree in and where is it from?

The accuracy on a tach is typically +-2% and I can assure you your software is not even close.
Oh, good! Because I've been asking for you to do just that since you claimed it was +/-50%. So will you be doing that soon, or are you still throwing crap on the wall?

I thought this looked similar to your screenshots.
I looked but did not see any spectrum plots at the link, but any spectrum plot will look about the same - this is generic stuff.

And of course once the guy who makes claims he obviously had zero basis to make gets done looking at the "special software", I'll just find some other piece of software that does the same thing, run the same file through it and get the same answers. Because there's nothing to be seen following that thread. There are errors in any measurement, but that's not going to be where they are.

By the way, most of these tachs update at a rate of 0.5sec. At 10,000rpm they only get to see about 83 revolutions. The plot I published used about 4s, or 8X the amount of data.

Latest posts

Back