Ms180c quick chain adjuster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkman31

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I looked all over A/S to see if there was a way to convert to front adjuster. Didn't come up with much so here is what I found. image.jpgFiller plate replaced with part 1123 664 2205image.jpgT27 filler screw replaced with 1123 664 2400image.jpgQuick chain adjust cover replaced with 1123 648 0405image.jpgAdd the bar adjust from front and done with two new bar nuts that I robed off another saw.image.jpg image.jpg

Yah, I really pissed off a Stihl rep back in 2007. Instead of giving the techs decent classes, the dist. rep brought by a tv and dvd setup, to show us in the field how to work on the newer 4 strokes, and the guys on the dvds were trying to remove the carbs on the trimmers with these thick winter gloves, and of course I was raising hell. I use gloves on real messy jobs, but use the thin latex jobs,
but you could tell that these guys didn't work on stuff with gloves, they were just forced to for the video. Looking back, I should have worn more protective gear, hell I used to clean the grease off of my hands with a splash of gas on a clean rag, and that was back when it was leaded!!!!! Just think, with those brain cells that I could have saved, hell, I might have been smart enough
to not work on this stuff for a living, maybe boat motors instead.

Milkman, did you have to tinker around so the wider flange on the new stud would fit nicely in the casing?
All I did was remove the old stud and install the new one. The main reason for this was that when I received the saw it was missing the gear on the bar for the quick adjust. So I bought the stud,chain adjuster,side cover from a small engine shop for less than I could buy the gear.

Back