Miller Mod Saws and the Echo CS-500P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can I try to play moderator here without the masses coming down on me? Put the emotions aside and you'll see this for what it is.

Chris did not say that this saw cannot or won't turn over 11K in the cut, he simple said it wasn't in that first video. A second video was posted demonstrating that it will. Play the two videos at the same time. Tell me what you hear. It's clear that the saw is turning way more RPMs in the second video.

RPMs in the cut is highly subjective to the load put on the saw, whether it be from down force applied by the operator, or by cutting bigger wood. This here is simply a demonstration of that.

If we can put our emotions aside, the facts are obvious. This saw is clearly capable of turning over 11K with a light load in small wood. This is why I demonstrate a saw across it's powerband, showing it with light, medium, and heavy loads.

Several of you guys are simply here for the fight. You're doing nothing to contribute to this thread, to AS, or to Miller Mod Saws. You are not doing him a service by antagonizing the situation. Step back and let it go.

Did anyone ever do this? I got no replies.

Christ PA,

I'm not trying to break you down but, if your going to post scientific data, you need to be a lot more scientific. What your posting is just a small slice of what needs to be posted. I'd be interested in your findings in this but all you've shown so far is the equivalent of throwing a dart at a wall of info.
Nice try. I don't need to do squat, certainly not to satisfy you. I posted the info I did, make of it what you will - it's worth every cent you paid for it. I march to my own drum.

This is a chainsaw forum, for all that have totally lost all perspective. People register, contribute what they want to.
Did anyone ever do this? I got no replies.
He deleted the second video Brad. I think that was probably wise as it was posted in anger. I had to download it to analyze it, but since he chose to delete it I will respect that and I will not post it.

None of this brouhaha has anything to do with porting or saw performance anyway - it's a social problem and an example of the failure of manners and education.

None of this brouhaha has anything to do with porting or saw performance anyway - it's a social problem and an example of the failure of manners and education.

And that sir is what I have been trying to get you to establish. By not coming forth and stating where your education is from we only can assume you have no formal education.

As for the "failure of manners" comment, you describe yourself well.

Now I have to get back to working on one of my rent houses, I have it empty for the month of Feb and doing needed repairs.

you lost a lot of cred in this thread

I've lost nothing that concerns me in the least.

Wanna bet on that.

And that sir is what I have been trying to get you to establish. By not coming forth and stating where your education is from we only can assume you have no formal education.
The educational failure I was thinking of is in rhetorical skills, leaving people with no ability to make a point without resorting to logical fallacies and personal attacks. Of course, for many posting in this thread the personal attack part was the whole purpose of their comments as they never had any point to make. That's where the manners part comes in.

Wanna bet on that.
Which means what exactly? You feel you are entitled to decide what concerns me? Perhaps I am unable to decide what I'm doing or foresee the outcome?

Or did you mean something else?

@Chris-PA you have been asked to join that site that you have defamed here. I'm not sure why, as I still stand by my earlier opinion about the sack of phallics I believe you to be.
I am just a messenger.

@Chris-PA you have been asked to join that site that you have defamed here. I'm not sure why, as I still stand by my earlier opinion about the sack of phallics I believe you to be.
I am just a messenger.
Thank you, but I will (respectfully) decline.

Thank you, but I will (respectfully) decline.
Absolutely..
Still a free country sorta.

By the way, I used the cs500 all day today..
It is an absolute fuel mizer.
Great for clearing, as it just don't have enough ass to cut anything over 10" with any speed at all.
Needs help..

Absolutely..

Great for clearing, as it just don't have enough ass to cut anything over 10" with any speed at all.
Needs help..
I know a few guys. I know you can run a horse rasp buddy! :laughing:

Absolutely..

Needs help..
It's probably a nice saw to use, and typically well made as Echos are. Not every saw has to be a demon to be a good tool.

It's probably a nice saw to use, and typically well made as Echos are. Not every saw has to be a demon to be a good tool.
This one needs a lil more..

Other than that, it's a fantastic tool..

Problem is, without some mods, a farm boss will knock it's **** in the dirt.
No excuse for that ****..

Goodness, wtf. Anyway, actual question about the 500, the one in the photos, is there a miss fire on the exhaust port clutch side above the proper mounting hole?

Latest posts

Back