No more Stihl Arctic in US market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make it quick Stihl.ca shows 22 arctic models left.. 599.99 is what a loal dealer is selling them for.. That means the new 261 will be sent out soon. :D

I see that the ms261 cm price is back to 724.95 (18" BC) from 599.95 on the sthil.ca site. Glad I got mine at the discounted price.

I see that the ms261 cm price is back to 724.95 (18" BC) from 599.95 on the sthil.ca site. Glad I got mine at the discounted price.

Price is still 599.99 I have 2 units at work, and 10 more ordered price is 599.99 Just last week the system showed 100+ of each model. Any dealer will tell you 599 is an insane price for a saw of that caliber.

$599.95 CDN is cheap. Especially with the CDN to USD exchange rate with oil in the tank (today its 0.72 USD per CDN dollar). $600 CDN plus 15% BC sales tax+exchange rate is a tad under $500 USD. They sell for $610 USD here.

HUH. Looked at a 661 now. OH boy. And it will work on the alaskan mill. Saw there was a VW (arctic) 661 too.

$599.95 CDN is cheap. Especially with the CDN to USD exchange rate with oil in the tank (today its 0.72 USD per CDN dollar). $600 CDN plus 15% BC sales tax+exchange rate is a tad under $500 USD. They sell for $610 USD here.

Don't i know it. I have several slated for a bloke in Troy Michigan to pick up Friday. It is a very good deal! 461 for a little over 1000.00 is another god deal as well.

So a 461 with a 36" bar and chain for $1050 is a good deal?

My dealer also has a 661 with a 36" bar and chain for $1250 too.

Ok, getting a couple updates slowly but surely.

661 w/36 1098.95 + tax from a local dealer
201tcm 607.95

Is it common for them to buy back a bar at dealer price then sell you a replacement size at MSRP? 36" bar 95 retail, 67 dealer price. 20" bar 50 plus chain 50 puts me back at almost the same price.

Figured since there was some activity in this thread. I'll ask a question about Stihl Dealers. Are they NOT able to sell the Chainsaws NEW IN BOX? I do not mind a tool only, but just like to do the unboxing of the tools myself. In the factory they do all the testing so do not see why I wouldn't be able to buy a Never touched by dealer saw or two.

Figured since there was some activity in this thread. I'll ask a question about Stihl Dealers. Are they NOT able to sell the Chainsaws NEW IN BOX? I do not mind a tool only, but just like to do the unboxing of the tools myself. In the factory they do all the testing so do not see why I wouldn't be able to buy a Never touched by dealer saw or two.

In Germany/Canada it must be set up and run for the first time by the tech there, then they will give the customer a lesson on how to start the saw and also the safety features. Then when I go and register the warranty I tick off the boxes, where it says set up and shown to the customer. It is just the policy.

Ah. I guess USA is the same. Big Box stores that sell other brands don't go through all that.

Never had an issue starting or using in all the years I have run a saw. Safety or otherwise. What about the ones that are shipping them? is that a no no?

You can buy one NIB as a gift for someone. But, the dealer will likely make you promise to bring it back once opened for the servicing. Some dealers are more willing than others to sell still sealed in the box.

Pulled the trigger. got the 661 and 201tcm ~1700 - Not happy about the pricing. Don't know anyone in this area though. Now to get the heated components and skeletonize Dogs.

You can buy one NIB as a gift for someone. But, the dealer will likely make you promise to bring it back once opened for the servicing. Some dealers are more willing than others to sell still sealed in the box.

Yes that is true but you will be hard pressed to find a dealer to do that. " Because the dealer is 100% responsible in case of injury or death if it is proven that the product is not set up correctly. By not doing a Pre-Delivery Inspection, this voids the customer's warranty as outlined in the Policy and Procedures Manual " This is taken out of the Basics and Beyond manual Canadian edition. Now saying that for those in the US, where anyone can sue you at a drop of a hat I would not chance it. Think of that old bird that bought a coffee and placed it between her legs whilst driving and burned her lady garden to a crisp. I can tell you we now give the customer an empty box as gift and the customer can come in to pick up the unit. 99% of the customers have no problem with that.

Anyone have a parts list for the MS 661 C-M VW R?

I see

Skeletonized Dogs
Heated Wrap Handle
Wrap handle attachment
Heated Switch
Heated Rear Handle
Heated Carburetor plate

I think thats it...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

URL]

Think of that old bird that bought a coffee and placed it between her legs whilst driving and burned her lady garden to a crisp. t.

No, not even close. She put the cup between her legs to put sugar in it and she was a passenger in a parked car. The coffee was super scalding hot and McDonald's had been warned many times to lower the temperature.

No, not even close. She put the cup between her legs to put sugar in it and she was a passenger in a parked car. The coffee was super scalding hot and McDonald's had been warned many times to lower the temperature.

Actually I did know that.. But super scalding? Doubtful as there were no complaints for the person ahead of her in the cue nor the people behind her. That being said was this her first cup of coffee? Takes a special kinda someone to put a cup of hot coffee between their legs.. but my point is clear you maybe sued at the drop of a hat.

Actually I did know that.. But super scalding? Doubtful as there were no complaints for the person ahead of her in the cue nor the people behind her. That being said was this her first cup of coffee? Takes a special kinda someone to put a cup of hot coffee between their legs.. but my point is clear you maybe sued at the drop of a hat.

I hear you, but the particular case you are referencing is not at all what it was reported to be by the press. You've got it wrong on this one.

Anyone have a parts list for the MS 661 C-M VW R?

I see

Skeletonized Dogs
Heated Wrap Handle
Wrap handle attachment
Heated Switch
Heated Rear Handle
Heated Carburetor plate

I think thats it...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

URL]

The stator and a few other parts are also different.

EDIT: sorry for the thread necromancy :(

Back