Picked up the new saw today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
svk, do you like the RM and or the RS , chain, I seem to like the RM chain better , as of what we cut today. I think we skidded way to much dirt when we pulled the lap wood out today. I also do like the kool aid.

thanks amberg.

svk, do you like the RM and or the RS , chain, I seem to like the RM chain better , as of what we cut today. I think we skidded way to much dirt when we pulled the lap wood out today. I also do like the kool aid.

thanks amberg.
For Stihl chain I only use RS. Have some in square and some in round ground. It's amazingly durable.

Most of my cutting is clean wood on rocky ground so normally I rock my chains long before they get dull.

I run a 18" bar on mine muffler mod with lgx full chisel chain . It spits out corn flakes for chips and the chain sings at full throttle

You know, that black bar on the orange saw is starting to grow on me.

Speaking of the saw, I see Husqvarva has significantly improved the toughness of their XP grey paint. The 562 looks better after two days in the woods than my 550 did coming out of the box.

Back