Looking at the Englander 30NC stoves? Can't beat this price!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might wanna throw up the zip code your finding them at. I just checked my area and they are on sale but for 719. I will agree completely best deal/stove out there.

That's a wonderful deal and a wonderful stove .. Brenn you find some great bargains !

Would need a zip to change stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I guess you do have to set your location the first time. I didn't have a zip...just typed in Durango Colorado, BAM! I just looked it up, 81303 is the zip there.
That's a wonderful deal and a wonderful stove .. Brenn you find some great bargains !
Thanks, but to be honest, somebody else found this a year or two ago, I just clicked on their link out of curiosity again today. For some reason that store has had the Englander 30 at $649 as their "regular" price for the last year or so. It seems to be kind of a "insiders" secret on the wood burners forums...

Question I have and maybe it's a stupid ? because I am used to my old grandma buck since 1983. Do I have to install a stove pipe damper or do these new fangled things not need one?
I have searched a lot and have never seen anything mentioned. I have read lots of reviews and some complain of smoke coming back in the house. I also have never seen anybody mention an induced draft fan in the pipe. I have one for the old buck and it works great.Thanks for any help.
Just bought this last week per your post. $661 to the door. Local Cincinnati HD had them for $999 plus tax. This week they lowered to $718.

Question I have and maybe it's a stupid ? because I am used to my old grandma buck since 1983. Do I have to install a stove pipe damper or do these new fangled things not need one?
I have searched a lot and have never seen anything mentioned. I have read lots of reviews and some complain of smoke coming back in the house. I also have never seen anybody mention an induced draft fan in the pipe. I have one for the old buck and it works great.Thanks for any help.
Shouldn't need a damper unless you have a real tall chimney, then you may need it to keep the draft under control.

If you have smoke coming back in the house then the chimney is not proper. Englander calls for a 15' tall chimney minimum, 6" in diameter, and just FYI, if there are any 90* turns in the stove pipe/chimney, each turn reduces draft equal to about 2'-3' in chimney height.
So a 15' tall chimney (measured from the stove top to the chimney cap) with a stove pipe/chimney that has (3) 90* elbows in it, actually has an effective height of 6'-9'...depending on if you deduct 2' or 3' per bend.

House built in 1983, 8" clay tile inside rock chimney just about 15' tall. Clay starting to crack and have to put 6" stainless steel pipe in to be safe. That is the reason for a stove change or the old buck would still be goin. As I understand I should not run 8 into 6 for numerous reasons. Thanks for the info and also the heads up on price. What a savings.

Might wanna throw up the zip code your finding them at. I just checked my area and they are on sale but for 719. I will agree completely best deal/stove out there.

You do not have to order them locally. I got mine from a HD store in Virginia for $499 delivered to my living room a few years ago. Just make the Durango, Colorado #1534 store 'your HD store' using the HD store finder tool online and order it up. The zip there is 81303. The Englander 2400 is the NC30 stove. It says that the price is valid until March 4, 1016. I have been running mine for several years now.

BTW: no draft fan needed. Nor is a a damper. These stoves work off of the input damper, not exhaust. They are also EPA III and WA state certified, as well as HUD certified with the OAK, so they are good pretty much anyplace that allows a wood stove. The OAK is the outside air kit, which you can hook up with a 3" metal flexi-pipe.

I have never had ANY smoke issues in my house using this stove. Far better than my old stove (which was a good stove) that it replaced for drafts, heating, and no smoke in the house. I have an OAK hooked up to it as I live in a dubba wyde here. My stack is to their specs, and only 12 feet total (4' above the roof). I never have a draft problem unless it is above 50 degrees outside here and then it takes more to get the fire going. Once going, it is not a problem. Some people have issues with the secondary burners being drawn from inside air, but I have no real issues with that. The fan that came with the stove is LOUD so I use a box fan next to the stove to blow air around the house. All I use for heat here is my NC30; the electric furnace is always off. I get into single digits here in winter, and no heat problems. I go through more wood then for sure, and I switch to white oak and black locust then. O/w I burn mostly Doug fir, hemlock and maple which are lighter woods. No need for the stove today though, its 65 degrees here today. Warmest February on record, after the wettest month on record in December, and the warmest October on record in 2015. We also had the warmest winter on record here in the Cascades last year.

Does anybody know if my local Home Depot match this stores price? I've been really kicking around the idea of picking one up when I saw the on sale price of $719..

I'm thinking about going over there and showing this price and seeing if they will match it or else I'll try to order it.

I would bet they will match if you show them evidence of the lower price in Colorado. The reason I say this is the day after I ordered it I checked and it was sitting in Ohio already, really. It was shipped by Estes though and I had never heard of them. They delivered it on a 53 foot semi on my single barely two lane road.

Looking at the NC30 and also the NC13 for a heat source in a 900 sq ft garage. Not well insulated but the NC13 seems a better size. Any thoughts on it? NC30 seems to get good reviews....is the NC13 as good?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sundance

The 13 is fine...but the 30 is "more power", and same price, soooo
Does anybody know if my local Home Depot match this stores price?
I doubt it, I believe I remember reading of someone trying it, didn't work...guess it can't hurt to try though.
I would bet they will match if you show them evidence of the lower price in Colorado. The reason I say this is the day after I ordered it I checked and it was sitting in Ohio already, really. It was shipped by Estes though and I had never heard of them. They delivered it on a 53 foot semi on my single barely two lane road.
They drop ship 'em from the factory is what I was told.
Estes is pretty common for stuff like this.

I heat a 24x24 loosely insulated two car garage with a 8x8 addition with only a nc-13 . I can keep it at mid 60's even when it's down in the teens and windy . Both great stoves and quite similar aside from size difference

Looking at the NC30 and also the NC13 for a heat source in a 900 sq ft garage. Not well insulated but the NC13 seems a better size. Any thoughts on it? NC30 seems to get good reviews....is the NC13 as good?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sundance

We couldn't fit a 30 into our living room (due to necessary clearances), but we've been very happy with our NC13.

Does anybody know if my local Home Depot match this stores price? I've been really kicking around the idea of picking one up when I saw the on sale price of $719..

I'm thinking about going over there and showing this price and seeing if they will match it or else I'll try to order it.

No, in most cases they will not. Many have tried that. These spot store deals have been available online from HD for many years now.

Some have used the Lowes Post Office moving discount toward these stoves ordered online and gotten HD to match it. Others have used the HD new homeower discount coupons. When I bought mine I also got a 10% rebate from the feds at tax time for buying the stove. That deal expired a few years ago though.

Back