Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USMC615.

Are the Pods on your mistery tree White.
If so, Look up Pop Corn Tree.

David
Whitish to a dark grey. The dark greyer color could just be indicative of the pods, mostly empty, at this cooler time of the year. Could be on to something there David...I'm gonna do a little more thorough checking on this Popcorn Tree later today after work.

hauled up some wood for the nomad_archer/farmer steve mini gtg this friday. :laugh: didn't know if we could get to the woods with this wacky weather on friday and it was decent today. some of the rounds were a bucket full by themselves. got some large zogger wood too.:chop:
20160301_162646_resized.jpg 20160301_162700_resized.jpg 20160301_162714_resized.jpg the rest of you guys are invited too.:D

hauled up some wood for the nomad_archer/farmer steve mini gtg this friday. :laugh: didn't know if we could get to the woods with this wacky weather on friday and it was decent today. some of the rounds were a bucket full by themselves. got some large zogger wood too.:chop:
View attachment 489289 View attachment 489290 View attachment 489291 the rest of you guys are invited too.:D

As soon as the bank lady gets back from the funny farm and we finish the paperwork for my new Chiron, I'll be able to make all the GTGs and be back in time for evening chores..don't know what happened, she had a fit and started laughing hysterically and the guys in white suits had to haul her off...

Zogger, you better get a safety harness on to run that rig. If it grabs it's gonna yank it right outta your hands. I have a 660 and only use it to get big stuff on the ground and that pretty nears kills me. Have a bit of a breathing issue and get winded quick so I try to stay away from the big saws. I have a line on about 20 maples that are at least 4' across. They are still standing and likely will for a long time.

IMG_2314.JPGIMG_2318.JPG Had a nice tree fall in my driveway, doesn't get much easier than that. I should say the tree top fell in my driveway but the trunk in the neighbors yard. He said he likes the smaller diameter trees so he doesn't have to split and asked if I would take care of it. Happily! It will take a couple years to be ready to burn but thats fine.

Zogger, you better get a safety harness on to run that rig. If it grabs it's gonna yank it right outta your hands. I have a 660 and only use it to get big stuff on the ground and that pretty nears kills me. Have a bit of a breathing issue and get winded quick so I try to stay away from the big saws. I have a line on about 20 maples that are at least 4' across. They are still standing and likely will for a long time.

Had a mastermind 084 almost do that to me, slammed me right into the log. I didn't let go though, big fun.

I am fairly used to running that 394 now, first few times were just feeling it out. I can do two tanks through it, then ready to switch to a smaller saw. I'll get more used to it the more I run it, story of my life being a little guy. Takes me a bit to build up to big/heavy stuff, but I get there. Dang saw is around 1/5th my body weight, it's a scosh heavy in the hands after awhile, but not as bad as when I first started using it. Gets the job done though...

What is funny is when I bought it, didn't know it was ported, and had no frame of reference, so assumed that was stock...it's stout...when you start it, you have to be committed.

I actually ordered a D ring starter handle for a rescue saw for it, should be in next week.

Latest posts

Back