Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, I don't have a account with that site. May be a problem on my end.
How close was the tune from Indiana to Florida?

it was close.... a lil rich but i have no wood so it might clean up in the cut....can you see the video?

My mix is 40to1 also i think you said you run 50 to 1.....been wanting a orange one for a long time...

Either way if i run it or shelf it ... it will go to my son.... along with a few other ones.... Again thanks for the great deal.....

There is a square shoulder on the clutch side that can damage the seal when installing it. Wrap some tape or a piece of beer can over the step so you don't damage the seal. I use a piece of 1/2" copper plumbing pipe. Cut with a tubing cutter on the outboard side so there's a taper on the pipe to get the seal over it and a square cut, de-burred, on the side that goes against the shoulder. I grease the pipe to help.

I'll send you a link or attach the repair manual if it's not too large via a PM. Check you inbox.

That's what I do, piece of beer can with oil on it, slides right over, just make sure not to cut the seal on the edge of the can.
This one is on a 5200.

20150304_212848.jpg

Ok, I seen the saw listed on ebay, it appears to be the real deal, but there is something about that bow...

By the serial number and the starter handle it is a very late 306, one of the last ones made far as I can tell. Far as I can remember the saws were bow equipped from the dealer and since this was a late saw, that might explain the later style bow with the 3/8 slot and the lower guard.

Without the box, or any documentation, plus the corrosion starting in a couple places, I think the $400 offer was about right on it.

Do you fix mowers or restore them?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Yikes call me a restorer! No kinda like the saws, rebuild what needs to be, replace all the worn parts, get me runnin right and reliable. Good cleaning and a little prettying up here and there. Luckily this one has the Kawasaki 460v, in my opinion one the best engines ever and it ran like a clock. I have another toro 36", lesco 48" and a simplicity/chalmers 42" tractor. This one is cool cause it's an FD Kees out of Nebraska. Don't see em often here but it's the same as a snapper so parts are no prob.

Not a saw, but still very cool. Here is my latest pick up, got delivered yesterday. It's from 1979, but there is hardly any sign of use. I was expecting some serious grease marks and writing on the pages, but that's not the case. This is going to be very helpful with parts and working on several of my saws. Has some really interesting service bulletins in it too from 1979.

20160302_173517_resized.jpg

20160302_173749_resized.jpg

20160302_173124_resized.jpg

20160302_173136_resized.jpg

Does any anyone have a 4000 ring that you can measure the thickness? Also need to determine the diameter of the piston. Maybe The Greek can get the rings. Need to provide these dimensions.

That's what I do, piece of beer can with oil on it, slides right over, just make sure not to cut the seal on the edge of the can.
This one is on a 5200.

View attachment 489567
I use a thin but somewhat stuff piece of plastic that has no sharp edges and can be formed into a truncated cone to fit over the shoulder. Grease everything up, slide seal on, pull plastic off, drive seal in, voila. Easy peasy

Back