Some pics of my splitting today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agvg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
3f8f911c5f494a95d32157420e5dc5ea.jpg

bfdc748dc52b441ab460e1732b1a0262.jpg

82e1748bbdf9584f85d66de3f34bbbb6.jpg

Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Yes, its a nice view

That's a nice stack of what looks like a mix of Poppulus tremula, Salix caprea and Alnus incana. Do you use a cordwood saw to cut the logs?

I use a cordwood saw om the smaller wood. On this I had a helper and he used chainsaw.

No, this model has been made on several small shops, I have this and the same saw in electric version.

Maybee its å copy, this is made at Brandbu Mek Verksted, a small welding shop that closed many years ago.

Is all that wood for your own use, Agvg?

Here is "Kermit", that I recently purchased from one of your distant neighbours :D.

greenStuff.jpg

It is impressive so far, the machine and especially the service and how well I have been treated. It is good to see customer service and building good quality products still means something to some people. Even though there are significant costs to ship and long times to wait, I am now looking at other wood machines from around Europe (especially if possible Northern Europe), because it seems businesses up there still have respect for their customers and the skills to do the job right.

One splitter that interests me is this Kretzer model:

Do you know anything about the company, how they treat customers, anyone who has one of these splitters, etc?

Is there any maker you would recommend please? I have considered Growi, Binderberger, BGU. Also some of the Slovenian splitters from KRPAN, Lancman.

Dude. . .awesome buzzsaw. Looks like she is really spinning. . . any idea on the blade rpm speed?
Hey, you might wanna wear some gloves as it appears it the photos that the guards must have fallen off over the years. . .:)

Latest posts

Back