Log Splitter Engine Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, 35psi don't do anything except piss me off!

good to know... :p one uses high pressure the other just gets angry... lol :laughing:

I tend not to foller the ways and means of 'enthusiast level' shade tree mechanix... but more so seek the proven results of the professionals... doing it, same thing... every day, all day long...

My small engine problems all went away after using nothing but 100% gas. I've got a tiller and a splitter with predator engines and have had no issues so far. That being said, I've also recently purchased an old 1954 model Simplicity walk behind tractor with the original 5 hp Briggs model 14 engine on it. I'm going to restore this rusty old tractor to mint condition and use it for gardening and mowing. The motor is a massive hunk of black iron, and has a rope starter. It starts on the first pull, and it seems the moving parts in the 14 are so heavy that the thing can idle at an amazingly low rpm. Great compression and no smoke in the exhaust, I'm keeping this one!

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

1954 and still running. wow. still STD bore?.... show us some NOW pix... and AFTER pix... after... :)

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

1954 and still running. wow. still STD bore?.... show us some NOW pix... and AFTER pix... after... :)

Here it is at the moment, it's a Simplicity Model V. I've taken the tires off and I'm beginning the disassembly. The tractor tires on it are as big as standard size car tires. It came with a sickle bar mower attached. It has a three speed tranny on it with a shifter stick you can move around while you're driving it. I'm going to take it completely apart, clean, derust, prime, and paint it. I'm looking for another one like it as a parts source. There's still a lot of them around, these were very popular machines back in the 50's. The only thing comparable to it nowadays are the Grillo or BCS walk behind machines, but they can run up to 6 grand or more when purchased new.

V.JPG

good to know... :p one uses high pressure the other just gets angry... lol :laughing:

I tend not to foller the ways and means of 'enthusiast level' shade tree mechanix... but more so seek the proven results of the professionals... doing it, same thing... every day, all day long...
I don't do it daily, but I have rebuilt hundreds of small engine carbs...today im working on a 11 hp Honda on an Ingersoll rand generator...carb is full of rust from having water in the fuel tank
You think a shop is going to turn the regulator down just to blow out a carb? Most probably don't even have a regulator on their compressor...all you need is your thumb to control the output of the gun...

The whole 35 psi BS is because 99% of air guns are only "rated" for 35 psi...ive never seen one blow apart from running 150psi...how bout anyone else?

Here it is at the moment, it's a Simplicity Model V. I've taken the tires off and I'm beginning the disassembly. The tractor tires on it are as big as standard size car tires. It came with a sickle bar mower attached. It has a three speed tranny on it with a shifter stick you can move around while you're driving it. I'm going to take it completely apart, clean, derust, prime, and paint it. I'm looking for another one like it as a parts source. There's still a lot of them around, these were very popular machines back in the 50's. The only thing comparable to it nowadays are the Grillo or BCS walk behind machines, but they can run up to 6 grand or more when purchased new.

View attachment 490020

thanks! cool project, enjoyed seeing... :)
Good Luck with it... no doubt you will get it 'showroom' ready... hope u show us then, too...

The whole 35 psi BS is because 99% of air guns are only "rated" for 35 psi...ive never seen one blow apart from running 150psi...how bout anyone else?

sorry fellas... j/k... ;) each to his own... cam selection, for example, don't make a running engine a winner... only getting across the finish line first does...

couldn't resist the poking...

Back