the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of a book or internet site about identifying Australian trees. I found one book, but the photos looked like they were taken with the cheapest camera available, and the CSIRO has something online, but no photos to show what's inside.

Seems like a lot of dead trees up there. Bushfires? I thought they would be black still
Nice country though. I am on south coast of NSW

I think it's been a while since big bushfire were anywhere near there...2008/9 I think it was they came towards but didn't get really close.

Small fires happen pretty much every year somewhere up around there.

I have already drawn up a fire plan. I have spent countless hours assessing a full supressant system and total fire protection solution and come up with the following:

It's called the MPFP, or Monty Python Fire Plan. 'Run away, run away!'

Does anyone know of a book or internet site about identifying Australian trees. I found one book, but the photos looked like they were taken with the cheapest camera available, and the CSIRO has something online, but no photos to show what's inside.

I keep a pretty useful book in my glove box so when a customer asks me the inevitable I can appear half smart.

Just went to get it and it's not in my glove box so my intelligence has just gone down hill fast.

When I regain my IQ I'll post up a pic.

thumbs up for leons book or this one as well

http://www.publish.csiro.au/pid/6148.htm

That ones also authored by Leon. Over 400 pages and only 40 odd bucks.

Think I'll have to get that one for the coffee table and as the go to reference book.

Cut a stringybark down today and guess what was inside it?

It was red box all the way from top to bottom.....nice surprise.

Morning fellas.

Just saw Serg posted a couple of days ago and had 1000 post to catch up on, mine said 1400+ !

Hey Matty 2, just started a new job closer to you last week.
Setting up the commercial refrigeration side of a large HVAC service/instal/building maintenance business.

The old Landy has been retired from work, the job comes with a near new BT50 with the 3.2 grunter and six speed Manuel.

Hope everyone is well, life has been ******* hectic and doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.

I'll try not to be a stranger. :D

Back