372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What are chances find a good used 372xp for 500$ or less? I see new ones for 750-over 800$. Or should I bite built and go new? Thanks

You should be able to find one for under 500. I've found many of them for half that much.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I bought a runner for $200 once, but it was a little beat up. I also sold a really nice, strong running 2171 for $500 about a year ago. I guess it just depends, but right now guys seem to be asking crazy high prices for saws in the Tradin' Post.

How long do you want to keep it? Say you are committed to 500 bucks, but another 200 gets you brand new. Now do the math, planning on keeping it maybe ten years? That's only an additional 20 bucks a year. Pennies a day to have new over used...just sayin....

Somebody asked useage . Cut 7-10 a year. Just wanting something between my 290 and O66. Seen some tree commercial tree trimmers clearing RR crossings. They were using 365's. I thought those were screamers ! So I thought I'd bump up to 372xp. Maybe even selling 66 . Since 372 take a big bar

How adept are you at making repairs?

Not that the 372's aren't reliable, just that many of them that are up for sale have been ridden hard, put away wet, and then the seller is askin top $$. If I think a saw is overpriced, I ask the seller when the last rebuild was. new bearings, seals etc. " ...nah...its fine" is usually the answer I get. 10 year old saw? 10 year old seals...I dunno. the price starts droppin :)

nuthin wrong w/ new, but if you buy new, you will likely never get really acquainted with the saw. ...if its used, you'll have it apart, and know every bolt as it goes back together :)

There was a builder selling rebuilt 372s on ebay a while back...not sure if they are still popping up or not. I bought one for a little under $500 and have been very pleased with it. I've cut about 10 cord with it so far with no issues whatsoever. It has cut a couple large oaks (3-4' DBH) wearing a 24" bar.

I have a 2012 with muffler mod, full wrap, base gasket delete, unlimited coil PHO for $600 shipped in the USA. I think the XTs have great bottom end and throttle response.

How long do you want to keep it? Say you are committed to 500 bucks, but another 200 gets you brand new. Now do the math, planning on keeping it maybe ten years? That's only an additional 20 bucks a year. Pennies a day to have new over used...just sayin....
Ok but how many hours a year? LoL...

Latest posts

Back