the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May have one to suite yes

Yeah thats definitely a bobcat job, dingos/kangas are alright down to about 700mm. You can get longer trenchers for the bigger mini loaders but yeah you need good soil. I have cut some really nice sloppy soil in Vic in the winter, depends how it is down your way.

And yes tree roots and rocks are good fun. Excavator would be the best bet in rough country but usually cut a wider trench.
Soils pretty good, it does have rock but nothing bigger than your fist....no tree roots where I'm digging.

The 1000mm or so deep trench I want is to get it below the water table. I want to stop all ground water before it gets to the houses footings, which should work well just with an ag drain or 2 and scoria. The rest is just for water pipes and electricity conduit so 600mm is heaps.

Soils pretty good, it does have rock but nothing bigger than your fist....no tree roots where I'm digging.

The 1000mm or so deep trench I want is to get it below the water table. I want to stop all ground water before it gets to the houses footings, which should work well just with an ag drain or 2 and scoria. The rest is just for water pipes and electricity conduit so 600mm is heaps.

A little mini digger should do most of it then, to bad Im not closer to Vic. What I have done in the past to get deeper with a little machine is dig a trench the width of the machine down about 200mm then trench 700mm from there to get to 900mm.

Hiring one would be around $250 a day, which is not to bad for the amount of work it does.

A little mini digger should do most of it then, to bad Im not closer to Vic. What I have done in the past to get deeper with a little machine is dig a trench the width of the machine down about 200mm then trench 700mm from there to get to 900mm.

Hiring one would be around $250 a day, which is not to bad for the amount of work it does.

Yeah, that's not too bad given what they can do compared to what I can do with a crowbar and shovel.

What you've just described to get the depth is what I will do, it will also be better that way to catch surface water to I reckon. Got to keep it away from the house for about 12 months....oh the fun.

anyone else get a email from baileys
I got a notice of data breach

What Happened

In January 2016, we sent our customers a notification that their credit card information and other personal information may have been stolen due to a cyber attack on our website, BaileysOnline.com. In that notice, we informed our customers that the compromise event began on September 25, 2015.

Following an extensive eight week forensic examination, we have recently learned that the cyber attacks actually first occurred in December 2011. The forensic examination shows that beginning in December 2011, a person or persons without authorization accessed and possibly stole credit card information from our website belonging to our customers. The thief or thieves accessed our website remotely and overcame our firewall and security protections. Of these exposed cards, nearly 25% were MasterCard® cards, 64% were VISA® cards, and fewer than 5% and 6% were American Express® and Discover® cards, respectively.

If you are receiving this letter, then we have identified you as one of the people who placed an order or opened an account within the affected date range, December 1, 2011 to January 26, 2016, and you may have had certain protected information misappropriated.

We cannot be certain whether your data was stolen. However, because there is a possibility that your data was stolen, we are required by law to notify you that you made a purchase and/or opened an account with Bailey’s during the affected range.

What Information Was Involved

The types of information stolen appears to include credit card numbers, cardholder names, CCV numbers, credit card expiration dates, addresses and phone numbers, email addresses, log- in and password to BaileysOnline.com, and other information typed into our website related to your order.

The following information is NOT included in what was taken: PINs (personal identification numbers), Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, and other personally identifiable information.

What We Are Doing

We have reported the theft to various law enforcement agencies, and are cooperating with them in their investigation. We also have notified Wells Fargo Bank, which handles our credit card transactions, along with MasterCard®, VISA®, American Express® and Discover®. We have no indication that any PayPal accounts were impacted.

We have engaged a security consultant and have been implementing our consultant’s recommendations to strengthen our firewall and take other security protections (described below). We have also replaced our server with new hardware. We are confident that there have been no further data breaches since January 27, 2016.

In some states we are required to notify a state agency or Attorney General’s Office, and Bailey’s is complying with all of those legal requirements.

What You Can Do

We strongly encourage you to take preventive measures now to help prevent and detect any misuse of your information. Change your log-in and password for BaileysOnline.com. If you’ve forgotten your password, call (800) 322-4539 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. P.S.T. Monday through Friday, OR email us at [email protected], and we’ll reset your password for you. You may want to cancel the credit card(s), if any, that you think you may have used at BaileysOnline.com. You may also want to place a fraud alert or order a security freeze on your credit reports with the three major credit reporting agencies: (1) Equifax: 1-800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241; (2) Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742); www.experian.com; P.O. Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013; and (3) TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790. You may want to ask for a free copy of your credit report from each agency, and ask that only the last four digits of your Social Security number appear on your credit reports.

There are several things that you may want to do to protect yourself against possible identity theft if the information does get into the wrong hands. These include: (1) watch for phishing attempts and malicious email; (2) watch for scam U.S. mail; and (3) stay alert to signs of identity theft.

The Federal Trade Commission has published some information about how to defend against identity theft at: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft. We suggest that you submit a complaint with the FTC by calling 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338) or going online at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Bailey’s Commitment

We apologize for the inconvenience resulting from the theft by unknown people of your information described above. Please note that we have taken immediate steps to prevent a reoccurrence. In this regard, we have (1) replaced our servers; (2) enhanced our firewalls; (3) integrated mandatory changes with respect to our passwords and (4) integrated new software into our website. Please know that Bailey’s is PCI compliant, never sells, trades or otherwise knowingly releases any personal information of our customers, and is committed to offering the most secure user experience for our customers.

For questions relating to this event please call (888) 582-3816 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. P.S.T. Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,
The Bailey’s Team

end quote

Lucky I never buy from Bailey's
Back in the early days of Bailey's they were great to deal with, top service and shipping cost were reasonable, and I was sending people their way for saw parts. With the change of personnel in the company it went down the crapper in a great rate of knots, unless they make some major changes there are plenty of other places to buy from

Back in the early days of Bailey's they were great to deal with, top service and shipping cost were reasonable, and I was sending people their way for saw parts. With the change of personnel in the company it went down the crapper in a great rate of knots, unless they make some major changes there are plenty of other places to buy from

I've never needed to deal with them, never even looked at there site lol

Must be an affliction with the 394's just fixed a few issues and a bit of a tidy up with this one, the missus races this saw and has been doing very well with it.
561209f2bd91b4401577315bf1bcf470.jpg

anyone else get a email from baileys
I got a notice of data breach

What Happened

In January 2016, we sent our customers a notification that their credit card information and other personal information may have been stolen due to a cyber attack on our website, BaileysOnline.com. In that notice, we informed our customers that the compromise event began on September 25, 2015.

Following an extensive eight week forensic examination, we have recently learned that the cyber attacks actually first occurred in December 2011. The forensic examination shows that beginning in December 2011, a person or persons without authorization accessed and possibly stole credit card information from our website belonging to our customers. The thief or thieves accessed our website remotely and overcame our firewall and security protections. Of these exposed cards, nearly 25% were MasterCard® cards, 64% were VISA® cards, and fewer than 5% and 6% were American Express® and Discover® cards, respectively.

If you are receiving this letter, then we have identified you as one of the people who placed an order or opened an account within the affected date range, December 1, 2011 to January 26, 2016, and you may have had certain protected information misappropriated.

We cannot be certain whether your data was stolen. However, because there is a possibility that your data was stolen, we are required by law to notify you that you made a purchase and/or opened an account with Bailey’s during the affected range.

What Information Was Involved

The types of information stolen appears to include credit card numbers, cardholder names, CCV numbers, credit card expiration dates, addresses and phone numbers, email addresses, log- in and password to BaileysOnline.com, and other information typed into our website related to your order.

The following information is NOT included in what was taken: PINs (personal identification numbers), Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, and other personally identifiable information.

What We Are Doing

We have reported the theft to various law enforcement agencies, and are cooperating with them in their investigation. We also have notified Wells Fargo Bank, which handles our credit card transactions, along with MasterCard®, VISA®, American Express® and Discover®. We have no indication that any PayPal accounts were impacted.

We have engaged a security consultant and have been implementing our consultant’s recommendations to strengthen our firewall and take other security protections (described below). We have also replaced our server with new hardware. We are confident that there have been no further data breaches since January 27, 2016.

In some states we are required to notify a state agency or Attorney General’s Office, and Bailey’s is complying with all of those legal requirements.

What You Can Do

We strongly encourage you to take preventive measures now to help prevent and detect any misuse of your information. Change your log-in and password for BaileysOnline.com. If you’ve forgotten your password, call (800) 322-4539 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. P.S.T. Monday through Friday, OR email us at [email protected], and we’ll reset your password for you. You may want to cancel the credit card(s), if any, that you think you may have used at BaileysOnline.com. You may also want to place a fraud alert or order a security freeze on your credit reports with the three major credit reporting agencies: (1) Equifax: 1-800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241; (2) Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742); www.experian.com; P.O. Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013; and (3) TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790. You may want to ask for a free copy of your credit report from each agency, and ask that only the last four digits of your Social Security number appear on your credit reports.

There are several things that you may want to do to protect yourself against possible identity theft if the information does get into the wrong hands. These include: (1) watch for phishing attempts and malicious email; (2) watch for scam U.S. mail; and (3) stay alert to signs of identity theft.

The Federal Trade Commission has published some information about how to defend against identity theft at: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft. We suggest that you submit a complaint with the FTC by calling 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338) or going online at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Bailey’s Commitment

We apologize for the inconvenience resulting from the theft by unknown people of your information described above. Please note that we have taken immediate steps to prevent a reoccurrence. In this regard, we have (1) replaced our servers; (2) enhanced our firewalls; (3) integrated mandatory changes with respect to our passwords and (4) integrated new software into our website. Please know that Bailey’s is PCI compliant, never sells, trades or otherwise knowingly releases any personal information of our customers, and is committed to offering the most secure user experience for our customers.

For questions relating to this event please call (888) 582-3816 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. P.S.T. Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,
The Bailey’s Team

end quote
Yeah, got that one too

I found out the hard way on holiday at christmas when the card was wiped out, all up some theiving arsehole put over $13,000 on it

Combank actually phoned us and we had the card binned and money refunded but it took time and we had no card. Not helpful when you're far away from home and two weeks from payday...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back