the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I strip mine down and chuck em in here for half an hour
c8c199d59ad410ca00de0c2b06e7a32d_zpsktzqmwzn.jpg
its hard to believe seeing there husqvarnas but they start first hit after bloody good things these huskys

Had time over the long weekend to go over the 661 even gave it a degrease still a good saw under all the crap ha , and put a new bar on it..I really like the 660 clutch it just keeps pulling where before it was so easy to bog and you really had to take it easy now I can put the hurry up on it..
Also pulled the muffler for a look the Castrol 2t seems to be doing its job piston looks great and no blowby that I can see..
A vid cutting some very dry hard crap saw's not running that great fuel is pretty much off need to get into town for some fresh fuel..
View attachment 494994 View attachment 494996

If your chummy with your local dealer and he has a MDG1 get him to chuck it on it and see how many hours and starts its done. Handy for the ones who one in and say 'I've only put 3 tanks through it' to find it's done 40 hours and a heap of starts. I put my 661 on and ran a diagnosis check on it before I changed the module over to the new one. Once you change the module it does back to zero so I wanted to record the hours

and an actual tree question !

can anyone identify what leylandii this is ?

https://goo.gl/photos/eS3zoLETh37BUvyF7

It's supposedly different to the others along the fenceline, although I can't tell the diff from it's mates.

Good pics.

I'll look it up tomorrow and see if I can find anything....not real familiar with them at all.

speeking as wasps i just killed my 9th ero wasp nest in 2 weeks this one was under a water trough.

We had some serious trouble from a neighbors unkept paddock that had several euro wasp nests in it.
The damn things were a menace.
I came across a great solution that worked really well, and was easy.

Mix up some Fipronil termite treatment in 0.05% in some raw minced chicken breast.
Leave it out for the buggers to take, they love it, especially later in the season when they need protein.
Wonderful to watch the greedy sods take a chunk of it back to their nests, when there carrying, they go directly back to the nest, thats when we realised there were several nests, not just one.
they take it back to the nest, in about a week or 5 days, there all gone, and the nest is still toxic to any other wasp that tries to set up a new colony in it in following years.

I reset the bait stations once, and the result was dramatic, even this year there has not been one around the place that I have seen.

always good to have some termite treatment about the place anyway, and its very effective on wasps.

thank me later

Trains

We had some serious trouble from a neighbors unkept paddock that had several euro wasp nests in it.

Mix up some Fipronil termite treatment in 0.05% in some raw minced chicken breast.
Leave it out for the buggers to take, they love it, especially later in the season when they need protein.
Wonderful to watch the greedy sods take a chunk of it back to their nests, when there carrying, they go directly back to the nest, thats when we realised there were several nests, not just one.
they take it back to the nest, in about a week or 5 days, there all gone, and the nest is still toxic to any other wasp that tries to set up a new colony in it in following years.

I reset the bait stations once, and the result was dramatic, even this year there has not been one around the place that I have seen.

always good to have some termite treatment about the place anyway, and its very effective on wasps.

thank me later

Trains
Hey Trains, welcome :)

What container do you put the mince in to make sure nothing else gets it?

If I did that at my place I'd have to put it up a tree to stop the dogs from getting it and then if a possum got it they'd prolly eat the dead possum and end up no good.

Cheers

Hey Trains, welcome :)

What container do you put the mince in to make sure nothing else gets it?

If I did that at my place I'd have to put it up a tree to stop the dogs from getting it and then if a possum got it they'd prolly eat the dead possum and end up no good.

Cheers
Hi Chippy,
Thanks for the welcome, long time lurker, finally posted something I could offer help in, usually, its just reading and learning for me here :).

I put them in 2lt plastic ice cream containers with boards over the top held on with rocks, as the very first lot helped the local foxs be flea free for the rest of their lives LOL.
20 cent sized holes to allow the pesky buggers access, tho once they find a food source, if you start with it open, they will come back and find a way in if you have made it dog/ other pest resistant.
wasp gps is pretty good, along with their sence of smell.
great thing about the fipronil, is that the active ingredient is what is used in flea collars, and at 0.05% its pretty target specific.

Yes you could nail some up in trees, as that was my second option if the boards were knocked off.
Also wasps return to the nest at night,so put the baits out in the morning, and in at night.
Our vegy patch I only put baits on open plates near the water source the wasps were loitering around.

Had given some bait to a friend also having wasp problems, and their dog got to the mince, we both had a good laugh at how the dog wont have any fleas for a very long time :)
it wasnt a large dog, scoffed it, and is still fine, that was last year.
Tho to be prudent, keep the dogs away from it, its only a week, and im not a vet.

cheers

thank me later

Trains

hello to you Trains

thanks for the idea iv looked for Fipronil but have been unable to get any in Tas yet i have a few shops left to try but i think it may be a band chemical here.

Young fella just bought a 1942 Enfield 303 SMLE, with the 10 round removable mag.

If my memory serves me right he's only going to be able to use reloads in it.

Anyone familiar with these and can give me any info?

Young fella just bought a 1942 Enfield 303 SMLE, with the 10 round removable mag.

If my memory serves me right he's only going to be able to use reloads in it.

Anyone familiar with these and can give me any info?

i know you can buy 303 off shelf i got a few packs a while ago for a .303 shoot; & 300 yard club practice at lang lang club most blokes do reload as can tweek recipe to suit perhaps send him along here he will learn much by a mob that luv to show and tell about their gear

23-Apr-16 Deer/Field Hunters; .303 shoot; & 300 yard club practice

http://www.langlangrc.com/calendar2015-16_Version_1.pdf

fuggen pricey even at a cheap places http://www.ammunitiongalore.com.au/index_files/Federal_CFAmmunition.php
Federal Power-shok 303 BRITISH 150GR SOFT POINT
Item F303B Price 20 rnds $ 49.40

i know you can buy 303 off shelf i got a few packs a while ago for a .303 shoot; & 300 yard club practice at lang lang club most blokes do reload as can tweek recipe to suit perhaps send him along here he will learn much by a mob that luv to show and tell about their gear

23-Apr-16 Deer/Field Hunters; .303 shoot; & 300 yard club practice

http://www.langlangrc.com/calendar2015-16_Version_1.pdf

fuggen pricey even at a cheap places http://www.ammunitiongalore.com.au/index_files/Federal_CFAmmunition.php
Federal Power-shok 303 BRITISH 150GR SOFT POINT
Item F303B Price 20 rnds $ 49.40
On closer inspection it would appear he has bought a 303 that has had the barrel changed to a 257 or there abouts.

Hmmm. Necked down 303 rounds....Bliss.

Back